What Do You Live For?

(Santana's Pov)

"SANTANA WE NEED YOU NOW" I hear screamed as they run through the emergency exit of the hospital. I run quick as possible to Quinn, also my friend side as I watch a man passed out come in. I check the clipboard as they roll him into surgery.

"Francis Moore, Male, 5"9, Caucasian, 19, stabbed and shot in the abdomen" she says and I check his blood pressure and heart monitor.

"Any witnesses" I say while putting an IV into his arm.

"Yes, apparently Francis is known for swiping drugs and took from the wrong people. He was shot while walking and ran into an alleyway where he was stabbed and left for dead" she says as I give him some anesthesia and to make sure he's sleep.

I check the area to see nothing's really damaged or injured but he still has a bullet wound that could tear his stomach up if not removed soon. I put my arms out as they put a coat and gloves onto me, with also a mask and hat. I put on my glasses and let the nurse sterilize the wound and clean it out before I move in. I walk to the table and use the scalpel to cut a bigger opening and slowly and carefully get the bullet that's lodged between his small and lower intestine. After that, I check his blood pressure and heart monitor and see him still steady. I close his wound and his stomach up as I have found the bullet lodged in him. I wait till everything is cleaned and he is safely removed from the room to breath again. I walk out and see Rachel coming my way and turn to walk the other way.

"Santana nice job" she says and I smile before continuing to walk.

"S.Santana, can I just say that......."

"Save it hobbit, I have a long night ahead of me and your not on the list of what I care to look forward to" I growl and walk away.

I know that was a little harsh but I'm not hear to make friends. I'm here to save life's. I love my job and I do it everyday as if my life depended on it. No doubt I'm a realistic pe........

"Santana I was wondering if you........"

"No" I say scoffing at him.

"Bitch" he mumbles and I smile. I walk away and I'm greeted by Mr. Lincoln.

"Good Morning, how is everything healing" I ask as he came in for heart pain when he really had a clot in the main artery near the heart. He would have died, give or take another week.

"I'm doing okay, how are you" he asks and I ignore his question.

"Are you having any pains" I ask as I do a check up and he frowns because I didn't reply.

"No but I........."

"You can leave at any moment of the day. Wheezy and girl Chang will help you out" I say and get glares from Mercedes and Tina as I leave. If they don't like it, then they can leave.

I walk out to go check in on the little girl I just recently seen. She blacked out on a play set from dehydration and fell head first cracking open her skull. She's been with us for a while but I know that she's safe and healthy.

"Hey, how you feeling" I ask while checking the board.

"Okay, my head hurts" she says quietly and I stop writing and up her morphine level.

"I'm scared, can you s.........."

"I'll get dwarf to come in here with you" I say quickly and she frowns and I frown right back.

"Meanie" she says harshly

"I can do what you do, but even worse" I say as I raise my arm to flip her off. Quinn comes in and smack me in the back of the head and I glare at her next while the little girl laughs.