Chapter Thirteen: Uncovered

My Darling Blair,

If you receive this, then you know that both your mother and I passed away for whatever reason, it seems fit because your mother and I were always together. But you must now that there was nothing you could do to change the outcome; it's not your fault when God decides to take us. I don't want you to feel responsible, nor do I want you to dwell on the fact that we're gone.

In the case that we both become deceased in the time where you and your brother are still young, you and your brother will be placed with one of your aunts and uncles. But, please, be cautious when deciding on living with your Uncle Tim and Aunt Nell. For the longest time I've tried protecting you from him, but I still fear the worse.

I remember, as a little girl, you would ask me why we would never travel to Los Angeles, or visit them. I was scared for you and your safety; I was trying to save you. I never liked your Uncle, I always felt uneasy with him around, especially after you were born. He was possessive, and grew up in a bad house with your mother. Seemingly, your mother endured the hate, where your Uncle seeped it in. He isn't a good person Blair, he never was.

He will try and control you, in more ways than one. Do not allow him to do that. I've seen the look in his eyes; the first time he saw you, and it scared me to even dream of the day he would make you his. I couldn't even amount to whatever harm he could cause you, of even your brother. Darling, please, always be strong, and don't let your pay hold you back from a wonderful future. I love you, and I always will.

Love,

Dad

            I felt tears sting my eyes. I was supposed to get this letter almost ten years ago. Had I gotten this when I was supposed to, my past could've been different. I always knew my dad disliked him, but I never understood why until now. And this letter, brought me into shambles. Quinn, my Chocolate Lab Rottweiler mix trotted over, nudging many leg with his cold wet nose.

Hot tears fell fast from my eyes, staining the paper and making the ink of what must have been my father's favourite blue pen run. The words and letters began to smear, the note becoming illegible. Andrea wrapped her arm around my neck, pulling me in for comfort as Quinn hopped onto the couch, curling up into a ball on my lap, looking at me with sorrow. I was so flustered, so angry right now I didn't know what to do besides allow tears to escape.

"Ten years." I cried out, my feelings still a mixture. I was pissed, but I was also heartbroken. "Ten fucking years is how long it took to get this to me? I should have never gone with them; my life could've been different." I spat out. I hated my Aunt Nell, and my Uncle Tim, but this have me more reason to despise their very being.

"But you also wouldn't be who you are today Blair." Andrea whispered, pulling away to look at me. Her ember eyes showed compassion and pain. She gave me a half-hearted smile, wiping my tears from my cheeks. "As traumatizing as what happened; not that I know," she added with a sigh, "You wouldn't be this Blair. You wouldn't have met Austin, or fell in love, or even been friends with Mallory, or the girls at Alternative Press."

She chuckled, sweeping a stray strand of hair away from my eyes. "You wouldn't be packing for Warped Tour, you wouldn't be as successful. Now stop the crying before you make me cry, finish packing, and get to Warped!" She sat up quickly from the couch, taking my arm and pulling me up with her, Quinn falling off my lap.

I giggled as she continued to pull me down the hallway, Quinn at a run to keep up with us. My bags were only half packed, and I was leaving soon. After we entered my room, Andrea traveled directly to my dresser, pulling out cute tank tops and shirts, throwing them at me to fold and put in my bag. She did the same with my pants and shorts. As I filled my suitcase, we reminisced about our childhood, talked about her mom and dad, and our love life. Needless to say, her reaction was the same as the girl's.