Chapter Ten: Hello Again

"A lunch date? That was the big surprise?" I giggled both hands on the steering wheel as I drove Mallory over to Jake's. When I moved out, Mallory moved in with her boyfriend. It made sense so I wasn't angry at her; more at myself.

"Austin was supposed to be there." She grumbled, crossing her arms. I didn't understand why she was so upset, sometimes things come up and they over take a previously planned event.

"It's okay; I still had fun with you." I smiled, glancing at her quickly before looking back at the road. She sighed, giving me a small smile. I hated seeing her upset, it made me feel like I needed to cheer her up somehow.

"Tell you what? Since today didn't go as planned, I say you come over tomorrow." I nudged her arm just barely, paying close attention to the car trailing not too far behind me.

"Why?" She asked intrigued. Now that I had her attention a smirk spread across my face.

"Well, after today, I'm going to be finishing my article. So until my editor gives me another project, I'm free." I shrugged, noticing her roll her eyes, trying not to smile.

"What will we be doing?" She questioned. I want going to tell her everything, I wanted to keep some of it a secret. Luckily I was pulling onto her street, so I could tease her. I pulled in front of the house, waiting until she unlocked her seatbelt and opened the car door.

"Being in my profession, you get to meet people. And I've met some people who live in the San Diego area that are really cool." I smiled, noting how her eyes widened and her mouth fell open.

"Is that all you're going to tell me?" She shrieked, leaning against the car as she perked her head in.

"Yup." I smiled evily. "See you tomorrow." She huffed and slammed the door, walking up the concrete sidewalk to the front door. I pulled the car out of park and drove towards the highway. My lunch break was over, so I needed to get back to the office.

As for the guys I was talking about, they're famous. A new band that, actually isn't bad. One of my friends Arya did an interview with them about a month ago. Then we ran into them at a Starbucks in San Diego (since we both live there) and they remembered her right away. Needless to say we became pretty close friends; they like to have me come over when they practice. They even got me to start drinking; not a lot though.

Vic and Mike are really cool, and they get along like no other siblings I've ever known. Jiame is just... I have no words to describe him. And Tony has an amazing sense of humor; well they all do, but I find Tony's more relatable to mine. Together they form a band known as Pierce the Veil. And if I know Mallory, she'll love them.  

*****

"Sorry they're so late. They'll be her in a little bit." He apologized, running his fingers through his long black bangs, revealing more of his chocolate brown eyes. Stars and vivid colors cover his arms, black leather and silver studded vest is the only thing that covered his bare torso, an 'Outlaw' tattoo on his stomach. To be honest, Ashley was a woman's dream guy, and he wasn't too bad at picking up a new chick almost every night.

"That's fine, I can just call my next interview and say I'll be a little later than previously expected." I shrugged, my chair creaking as I leaned back. We were sitting in a studio right now, so it was a little dim, but my eyes hurt anyway. I probably should start wearing my reader's, but I forget sometimes. The soundboard lit up with colorful buttons, blinking on and off.

Mallory sat next to me, twirling around in the swivel chair. She was almost jumping out of her seat she was so excited. She hasn't seen Jake in a few months since they were on tour for the first time. They had just finished, tonight being their last show, and AP wanted to know what is was like for a relatively new band to be touring and gaining the attention they are. Since Mallory's boyfriend was in the band, I brought her with, but I knew as soon as he walked through that door, she'd jump him.