Chapter Eleven: Westbound and Down

"So you've been here the whole time?" He asked, looking out the bay window which overlooked the ocean. His hands were in his pockets, a faint smile on his lips as the sun lit up his eyes.

"Yea." I sighed. There wasn't much I would or could say. My answers had been terse, simple; there was no explanation, no excuse this time. "I drive back and forth from here to L.A."

"Why didn't you call me?" He asked his voice low. I knew he was upset, and I wasn't going to make up an excuse to make him feel better. I lost his number, I never bothered to ask Mallory for it, but it wasn't all my fault.

"I should ask you the same thing." I snapped back, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Fine, I'll give you that." He chuckled just slightly. He still hadn't stopped looking out the window, he hadn't looked at me since we walked in the door. I sat in the couch in silence, just watching him. I grumbled, deciding to get up and go into the kitchen. I took one of the crutches, hopping over to the entry way.

I didn't bother to look behind me to see if he was coming. He could stare out that window forever for all I cared. No matter what happened, what it's like now, will always be my life; it will always be his life. Our paths were already chosen, and they weren't the same path either.

I opened cupboard after cupboard, thing to find something I could cook. I could've sworn I had food a couple days ago... the boys must have eaten everything. I swear to god, they eat like someone who is stoned. I'd yell at Jiame and Vic next time I see them, since I know they're the guilty ones.

"Why don't we just have pizza?" Austin's voice said softly. I jumped, unknowing that he had been in the kitchen with me.

"I guess, since it seems the guys ate all my food." I mumbled, pulling my cell from my pocket.

"Guys?" He asked concern in his tone. I couldn't help but laugh; was he getting jealous?

"Yea, do you know who Pierce the Veil is?" I responded, turning around to face him as I jumped to take a seat on the counter top.

"Yea, we're pretty close." He replied, furrowing his eyebrows. I guess the guys never mentioned me; I wasn't butt hurt or anything. They were absent minded sometimes... a lot of the times.

"They come over every once in a while to hang out. Most of the time I'm at their place though. We party, I listen to songs they're still working on, things like that." I shrugged, loving the look in his eyes. He was getting jealous, it was so obvious now.

"Have fun with them?" He asked, leaving his post by the entry way, walking closer to me. The look in his eyes was a mixture of things; jealousy, anger, sadness, and... want? Maybe the last thing was wrong, right?

"Oh yea totally." I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "One night we got so drunk I had sex with Tony on the couch." I arched my eyebrows, watching as Austin's face flushed red. See what I had just said was a full on lie. I drink maybe two beers, never once had I gotten drunk, nor have I ever even considered having sex with any of them.

"Calm down Carlile, you know I would never do that. We have a few drinks, laugh, play card games, and mess around on the piano, shit like that." I chuckled as Austin's face flushed an even darker red.

"Okay, so can you tell me what happened? I listened to your voicemail and everything, but I'm still kinda lost." He said after a moment, his eyes straying from mine as he looked down at the floor. "Like that scar. I know for a fact that it wasn't there before."

"My uncle did it." I sighed, trying to figure out what to say that wouldn't lead to more questions. "So he found me and while he attacked me he held a cigarette to my face. When I told him I would rather burn in hell than go back with him, he dragged it across my face. When I tried kicking him of, he held down my arms and burned my arms as well." I began scratching at the scars on my arms, my nails digging into my soft skin.