First Stop

Mal POV

"Everyone, we're at the first stop, the Moors." Ben announced as we all got out of our designated RVs.

"Why did you want to come here anyway Mal?" Evie asked me.

"I have........" I struggled for the right word. "family here. I haven't seen them in a long time."

"Who?"

"My sister, Melanie. When Dad got off of the Isle, he took Mel with him." I explained.

"Oh. Um, so you think that they live here?"

"I know that they do."

We walked faster to reach the group.

"So why are we here?" Jay asked.

"This is where I'm technically from. I want to know my roots." I explained.

"Oh yeah!" Audrey said. "My mother came here as a little girl. I always wondered why this place was off limits for my family. Now I guess I know."

Suddenly, a fairy flew down from a tree. Her wings were huge, sparkly, and green. She had blonde hair, but it was streaked with purple. Her green eyes were simular to mine. She had a crown atop her head. I had a feeling about who she was, but I wasn't going to say anything.

"Welcome to the Moors." She said. "I'm Princess Melanie. And who are all of you?"

I stepped forward, because if Mel kills or hurts us, it'll be on me.

"I'm Mal, the daughter of Maleficent. We're here on a road trip from Auradon Prep. But we could ask the sane about you. Why are you here?" I responded, leaving the hint that says I'm your sister!

"Can we just skip the formalities and hug already?" Mel asked. I nodded and ran up to hug her.

"Missed you Mel." I said.

"I missed you." She responded.

"Um," Ben broke in. "not that this isn't a touching moment, but who are you?"

Mel looked at him. "You must be that jerk Mal told me about. I'm Melanie, Mal's twin sister. By the way, what happened to your hair? It's all purple!"

"I used magic to hide my blonde highlights. Do you want me to remove the spell?" I asked.

"Very much so." She replied.

"Fine! So bossy." I undid the spell and some of my purple hair turned blonde. The way to tell us apart, Mel has blonde hair with purple highlights and I have purple hair with blonde highlights. There's a difference.

"You called me a jerk?" Ben asked.

"Well, you are Chad Charming, aren't you?" Mel said, pointing to Ben. Then she looked at Chad. "You must be Ben. Pleasure to meet you. Mal has told me so much about you!"

"Um, Mal, Ch-Ben, private conference, please." Ben said, pointing to us.

When we were out of earshot, Ben said "What's going on?"

"Hehehe. Funny story, so when I got to Auradon, Mel reached out. She wrote a letter asking me about if I made any friends on the Isle, if I started dating, updates on the Moors, and if I had any crushes at my new school. I answered yes, and said that it was Ben, told her everything, and sent the letter. She wrote back asking me to describe Ben, and while I was writing, Evie was describing Chad, which was before you wrote her the note to meet you under the bleachers. One thing lead to another and-"

"You accidentally described Chad instead of me." Ben finished. "Okay, here's what we're gonna do, Chad, you're gonna pretend to be me and date Mal. I'll pretend to be you and date Lonnie. This'll hopefully last for one day. Agreed?"