A Year Ago

Ben: Happy Aniversery!

Mal: To....

Ben: You and the other VKs. It's been a year since you guys came to Auradon Prep.

Evie: Has it really been a year already?

Carlos: I guess it has.

Jay: If someone had told us a year ago that I wouldn't be stealing for my dad,

Evie: That I was dating one of my mother's enemy's sons,

Carlos: That I would be best friends with a dog,

Mal: That I would be dating the king of Auradon, that Maleficent wasn't my real mother, and that we would choose good over evil, I would've laughed in their faces and probably throw a fireball at them.

Jay: Same here.

Mal: I got a question for you guys. Where did you see yourselves a year ago?

Evie: Still with my mom, always critizing my looks.

Jay: Still stealing for my dad.

Carlos: Still scraping the bunions off my mom's feet.

Ben: Worrying about being king.

Mal: This isn't easy for me to say, but still getting abused by Maleficent.

Ben: You were being abused?

Mal: Yeah. Maleficent would strap me to an electric chair for a night, beat me with a belt, or throw a few fireballs at me.

Ben: Wow Mal, I'm sorry that happened.

Jay: I'm sorry that I never knew.

Carlos: Same here.

Evie: I agree with the boys, though that does explain the burns on your arms and torso, along with the lash marks on your back.

Jay: Wait, when we got on the limo to go to Auradon, you looked like you were in pain. Did she do any of those punishments before we left?

Mal: Not one, all three. She said "This is a reminder of what will happen if you fail." If I knew I had ice powers a long time ago, I would've stabbed her with an icicle a long time ago.

Ben: I would've done it for you.

Mal: That's sweet Ben.

Freddy Falcier: Ben, did you tell them the good news yet?

Ben: No Freddy, I was just about to. I'm bringing more VKs to Auradon.

Mal: Who are you bringing?

Ben: Gaston's three kids, Lady Tremaine's son, Captain Hook's twins, Anastasia Tremaine's daughter, and Grizzella Tremaine's daughter.

Evie: So you're bringing Gaston Jr., Gaston the Third, Anthony Tremaine, Alex Hook, Cora Hook, Amy Tremaine, and Gabriella Tremaine?

Freddy Falcier: Don't forget Rubi, Gaston's daughter. She's my best friend.

Mal: Rubi's like a sister to me. Though I don't know why you're bringing Rubi's brothers. They're dumber than a bag of rocks.

Ben: I'm sure that they aren't that dumb.

Freddy Falcier: Oh, they are. Every 10 seconds they would start up a fight when some people were trying to learn.

Mal: I hated it when they did it in Dictatorship for Beginners. That was my favorite class!

Ben: There's a class on the Isle called Dictatorship for Beginners?

VKs: Yes.

Mal: Let's hope that the Gastons don't start any fights in class.

Evie: I won't deny this, school has been pretty boring without it.

Freddy Falcier: I kinda miss it to.

Jay: I agree with Freddy on that one.

Carlos: Same here.

Mal: I kinda agree with the both of them. But I know one thing for sure that they won't like.

Everyone: What?

Mal: The VKs will absolutely hate Remedial Goodness 101.

Freddy Falcier: I can vouch for that. I hated that class.

Evie: Same here.

Jay: That class was okay.

Carlos: I can't believe we had to take a 2 hour exam just on smiling.

Mal: I actually kinda liked that class. Though that may be because I'm Queen Elsa's daughter.

Freddy Falcier: Hold up. You're Queen Elsa's daughter?

Everyone at Auradon Prep: Yes, that's old news!

Freddy Falcier: Okay, okay. I wasn't here when the whole school found out.

Mal: It's okay Freddy. I don't use my snow powers to often, so you couldn't have guessed.

Freddy Falcier: Thanks Mal, for understanding.

Mal: You're welcome.

Ben: So what do you guys want to do tonight? VKs choice.

Jay: I'm hanging out with Audrey.

Carlos: I'm going out on a date with Jane.

Evie: Doug and I are going to a movie.

Mal: Do you want to hang out with me tonight Ben?

Ben: Sure.

Mal: Mom wants me to bring a date to dinner with the whole family. Dress nice.

Ben: Okay. See you tonight.

Mal: See you tonight.