XI: david's curiosity

Bắt đầu từ đầu

        "Was this too much for you at the dance too?" he asked, pulling away and turning toward me. His eyes gazed into mine like it was a magical orb.

        "What?" My heart was racing at our close proximity so I pulled us apart slightly. I couldn't pretend anymore.

        "At the dance, when I kissed you, you freaked out and left."

        "That was hardly a kiss and my leaving had nothing to do with it." I said, stepping backwards a little and stumbling as his hands automatically grabbed my waist and he pulled me to him.

        "Hardly a kiss huh?" He laughed. I could practically feel his next phrase as being 'How about I show you a real kiss?' but those words never came instead he asked, "How's your arm?" His eyes shot to my arm as I sighed in relief that that conversation had ended.

        "Better. You're so annoying David." I laughed, walking around him and grabbing a different bowling ball.

        "I don't think you can bowl with that arm." He smirked as I gave him a look of disbelief. I was supposed to get the cast off today anyway, so I'm pretty sure my arm had pretty much healed.

        "Funny." I replied as he grabbed the ball out of my hand and put it back on the thing that held the balls.

        "You hungry?" He asked.

        "No."

        "Oh come on Taylor, how are you going to feed our baby when you are this skinny."

        "You're delusional if you think I'd ever have a baby with you. " I laughed as he moved his hand from my waist to rub my flat belly.

        "Nah our babies would be cute- because of me, I don't know about you though." He snickered as I lightly slapped his arm. He was too cute. Too delusional.

        "Shut up Frankenstein." I giggled.

        "Dang Gorbachev, so rude to me. Hear that? It's my heart being broken."

        "What heart?" I winked, acknowledging that we wouldn't get any actual bowling done and instead took a seat. He grabbed a ball, then set it back down, his eyes turned back to me and I swear I could melt. He sat across from me and placed his elbows on his knees, his hips flexing as he placed a finger on my chin.

        "So what personal reasons did you leave me at the dance for?"

        "It's not important anymore."

        He looked at me silently, no emotion on his face as I squirmed under his look. It didn't help that he now placed his entire hand on my cheek and was rubbing my lip with his thumb. My breath shook as his eyes searched for an answer, his eyes flew to my lips now. A smirk appeared on his face as he removed his hands from me.

        "Well obviously it was since you left me there dancing with Kelli the koala!" He crossed his arms over his chest as his mouth turned upwards into a grin.

        "Sorry, not sorry." I laughed, shaking my head. I wanted him to kiss me. It was strange- David and I had been through thick and thin and we remained friends for what felt like ages, I'd never considered dating him. Perhaps because I was dating his teammate, his best friend.

        His eyes shot back to my arm, "So, when are you getting that off so we can scoodly-poop?" He smirked widely, his words registering in my mind instantaneously.

        "Never if that's what's going to happen when I get it off." I winked, laughing as I stood up and leaned against the chair I had been sitting on.