40. Studio Singing

Hussain's POV:

I put my last things in my suitcase and zipped it up. Picking it up, I walked down the stairs to place it in our car. Dad was to drop us to the airport. We were leaving for the singing contract we had signed a few months ago. It was about 8 months ago, I had truly forgotten about it all. And the sad part was, I had to go with Hafsa. She was to sing with me. I sighed, not wanting to face her but no matter what, but I had to.

I turned and walked back in. It was really late at night and I hadn't been able to sleep, my thoughts always drifting to meeting Hafsa. I thought hated her more than anything, although a part of me said it wasn't her fault. A part of me still had a soft corner for her but I ignored it. What she did was unforgivable. She played with hearts and innocent lives, she was to be hated.

I miss you when something really good happens because you're the one I want to share it with. I miss you when something is troubling me, because you're the one who understands me so well. I miss you when I laugh & cry, because I know you're the one that makes my laughter grow and my tears disappear. I miss you all the time, but I miss you the most when I lay awake at night, and think of all the wonderful times that we spent with each other.

Phir kyun kiya aisa Hafsa tum ne? Why? Kya mila tumhen ye sab kar ke? Shehry k sath? Mere dil se? Kyun tum ne aik nayi duniya mein mujhe bhej diya tha? Kyun itni haseen lagne lagi thi zindagi tumhare aanay se? Kyun mujhe yaqeen nahi aata k jo lamhe hum ne guzaaare wo bas dhoka tha?

I started getting a headache again. This was what my daily routine was like now, thinking about Hafsa and what she did with Shehry and me. I still pray to God to open my eyes in my bed. I still pray it is all a dream. 

When we first met, her face showed innocence, her shairni type of attitude, that tomboy kind of thinking, it was all so attractive and captivating, then how can this all be so wrong? Why does this all feel so wrong? Why it still feels that whenevr she was with me, it was genuine. Whatever she did, said and was - in front of me - was genuine. It feels that what she is behaving like now is fake.

My gaze shifted to the clock on the nightstand which showed 4:28 am. I sighed, turning the light off. We were to be leaving at 7 am. I drifted off to sleep, lost in my thoughts.

Shehry woke me up for leaving. It was around 6. I walked into the washroom, slipping into a refreshing, hot shower. All I could ever think was of the meeting. I went down after getting ready, my disinterest in life could be shown by me not making my hair. I sat in for lunch, quiet as always.

After finishing, I got up and went upstairs to get my jacket. It was snowing in New York where we were leaving for. It was going to be really cold. We were blessed with such an amazing weather here in Houston. Huda and Shehry fetched their suitcases. I had asked them to accompany me and they had happily agreed, understanding my situation.

We bid our goodbyes to mom who kept giving us lectures of staying safe and taking care of ourselves. We nodded and I met the sobbing Maha. She cries whenever we leave her but my behavior since a few months had stopped her from being the same frank Maha with me. I wanted to apologize to her for being such a bad brother but I ignored it for some time. She hugged me, sobbing on my shoulder.

"Take care, Sain." She whispered and I nodded, patting her back to calm her down. "I love you." She pulled back and planted a soft kiss on my forehead. I smiled widely and she frowned.

"I thought you liked Shehry more." I smirked at her and she nodded, playing along. I laughed and she went to meet Shehry and Huda.

We soon left and stopped at Hafsa's house, my heartbeat quickened. That girl still had an effect on me, she could still play with my heartbeats. I diverted my gaze to out of the window of my side which I was thankful was on the other side of her house. She came in and sat beside Huda who was in the middle of both of us. We drove to the airport with dad driving. He had insisted to drop us off.