33. Hudayaar's Valima

I woke up next to Shehry. His mouth was slightly open and he looked adorable. He had a pillow in his hand and his other hand was on my arm. I stared at his face. He looked so different from what he looked last night. He looked so calm, happy and relaxed. So different from what he was last night. He slept just an hour ago since every time I woke up and looked at him, he would be either lost in his thoughts or staring at my face. Last night, he was about to sleep on the cold floor and I had stopped him saying it was okay.

Itni thandi zameen pe meri himmat bhi nahi thi sone ki. Shehryaar ko kese sone deti.

I very carefully freed my arm from under his hand and he stirred a little in his sleep. I flushed. My cheeks were red at the thought of me in bed with none other than Shehryaar Asif. I got up and walked up to him, covering him with blanket properly. He hadn't even changed. He had taken off the upper coat but he was still wearing the inner white kameez. He had changed into some black pajama.

I changed into  a maroon and brown colored dress and covering my head with the dupatta, I walked out of my room after glancing at Shehry for the last time

Mein akele bahar jaungi toh ajeeb lgega na? Kia karoon? Inko utha deti hoon.

I walked back in the room and tried waking him up.

"Shehryaar, uthen." I called out, wiping my hands on a towel. I received no response. "Shehryaar, uthen na." I called out again but still no answer. I paced towards him. I touched his forehead and it was heated up a little. He had fever. He wasn't well. I shook him a little. "Shehryaar, please uthen"

He moved a little and I gulped down. He hid his face under the blanket like a small kid and a huge smile crept on my face. "Shehryaar, uth jayen na. Please?" I asked again and what came next was quite unexpected.

"Nahi kar yaar tang mujhe. Dafa ho yahan se." He shouted irritated and my eyes widened. My eyes pooled up slightly at the sudden outburst.

Maybe he thought you were Hussain, Huda. Calm down.

"Shehryaar, mujhe bohot bhook lag rahi hai. Uth jayen ne, please?" I pleaded lowly and he grunted.

"Toh jaao nashta khaao? Mera sarr kyun khaa rahi ho? Chali jao bahar." He said through gritted teeth and tears continuously flowed down my face. He looked up from the pillow and I looked away. He covered his face with blanket and pointed at the door. "Darwaza wahan hain, you're free to leave."

I ran into the washroom, quietly sobbing. I was being polite and there was nothing wrong with what I said. The truth was, I was hurt by his sudden outburst. But was it his fault? Not at all! It was all the destiny's play. He was hurt, he had to let it out. Secondly, he was sick. He is sick. I wiped away my tears and gazed at my reflection through the mirror. I quickly washed my face to remove the crying look.