35. Prom Night

AssalamuAlikum :) 

Happy late Eid Mubarak to everyone ♡♡

We're hell busy with work and stuff :(

Zarah's in Pakistan and I (Mayal :p) am still in KSA and it's really very hard to discuss the chapters over phone with such bad Internet connections -_-

I hope you guys understand.. IN SHA ALLAH we'll try getting you updates sooner ..

Happy Reading and yes it's your Eidi xD #LateEidi xD Lool

Huda's POV:

I quickly got ready and and walked down the stairs. Mom was already in the kitchen and I helped her in the kitchen. We cooked breakfast and I took the things to the table. Dad soon came and I said my salams to him. He patted my head, hugging me briefly.

"Mama, meri jacket kahan hai!" Shehry shouted from his room. I mean our room. I frowned and mama looked at him.

He came running down the stairs. "Main yahan apni jacket chord gaya tha kal." He whined and I nodded.

"Maine kamre mein rakh di thi Cupboard mein." I said as I flipped the paratha on the pan.

"Pehle Shehry ko cheezen de do phir aa jana." Mom sweetly said and I nodded.

Shehry followed me up and I handed him his jacket. He took it from my hand and shrugged it on. The random thought crossed my mind and I glanced at Shehry. He raised an eyebrow at me and I just shook my head.

Prom night! Haye Allah main to bilkul hi bhool gai thi. Lekin main jaaongi kaise? Shehryaar to mere sath janay maanenge nahi aur main akeli jaatay hue pagal lagungi.

I didn't realize I was staring at him and he stared me back. I quickly looked away and turned red in face. I retreated to the kitchen and helped Mama with the rest. Everyone gathered at the table and we took our place. My place had always been next to Shehry since day 1 of our marriage. They'd always force me to sit next to him.

I took my place and we all silently gulped down the food. I finished and grabbed my bag pack. Shehry quickly finished and Hussain was already ready with the car. I helped mom take dishes to the kitchen and quickly bid everyone a goodbye.

I hopped in to the car next to Shehry on the passenger seat. We took off for university. We reached there and stepped out. I went for my class and so did Shehry.

"Suno, Hussain would be leaving late today toh hum jaldi chale jayenge." Shehry ordered and I nodded my head. "Tumhaari last class konsi hai?" He asked rather softly.

"Trigonometry?" I answered and he nodded.

"I'll meet you in front of your class then." I nodded and he left. I walked to my class smiling.

*******

It was finally my last class and I dreaded to go back to home. I was tired already. The class ended and when I was about to walk out, The teacher stopped me. I furrowed hard and she called me. Slowly, the students emptied the room and now it was just the two of us. She was really a nice teacher, a really caring and sweet one. She rummaged through her bag for something and I frowned.

"Here you go, your prom night tickets." She passed the thin paper to me and I looked at her for a while. "I'm doing the arrangements these days. I had given one to everyone, you were left." She was about to leave when I called her. She stopped and looked at me.

"Ummm... I'm sorry, ma'am. You can give them to someone else. I don't think I'll be attending it." I said reluctantly and she frowned at me.

"Why not, Hooda?" She questioned. "Don't tell me you need to study at home." She widened her eyes at me and I shook my head. "Is it about a partner?" She asked again and I quickly looked at her. "C'mon, you're a beautiful girl, there would be many guys out there to accompany you. Or you can just come along without a partner, it doesn't matter. Please join us." She insisted and I sighed.