6. Getting to Know

The last few days have been depressing for me and I'm tired of always thinking of him. I can't just stop. I wanted peace of mind, I wanted to be away from everyone I know. I wanted to be alone for sometime and relax my mind which kept replaying Ayaan's memories into my head.

I put on a black jeans with a red and white checkered shirt. I tied a high ponytail and walked out of the room. I moved down the stairs and stopped in front of my mom.

"Ammi, mein jaa rahi hun. Shayad thori der lag jaye aane mein." I kissed her cheek and she looked at me.

"Kahan jaa rahi ho?" She asked.

"Mein yahin bas park jaa rahi hun walk karne, thora sukoon mil jayega. Aa jaungi jald hi, don't worry." I walked to the door and opened it. I was exiting when I was about to bump into a man and quickly moved back.

I looked up to find Hussain looking at me and I quickly moved aside.

"Beta, tumhari mama hain?" I heard a soft voice and Shaista aunty was standing beside Hussain, smiling at me. I realized I had been gawking at Hussain's face and was blocking their way.

I quickly moved aside and nodded, leading her into the lounge and I saw Hussain gaping at me.

The Hussain Asif yeh bhi karta hai?

"Beta, aao betho aur aunty se baten karo, mein kuch le kar aati hun." Mom called me out and I again realized I had been staring at him.

Hafsa, can you just stop?

I walked into my room and changed into a decent black shalwar kameez with blue dupatta since it was awkward that way, or maybe I felt weird because of Hussain staring at me like that.

I went down and sat next to Hussain and he passed me a smile.

"So, what's your name?" He asked and I looked down.

"Hafsa. Hafsa Basith." I looked down. I don't even want to look at him.

I always get these butterflies in my stomach whenever I look in his eyes.

Sometimes I wonder how, Like how, Life changes from where to where. No one knew I'll end up not marrying Ayaan after waiting for 8 years, 2 years of being his fiance. And Cherry on top meeting "The Dhoombros".

"Hi. Hussain here." He introduces as if I don't know him.

Accha jee, Mujhe to jaise pata hi nahin tha.

"Ahemm..." He breaks me out of my thoughts and I realize he had his hand extended all this time.

I shook my hand with him and he smiled at me. His touch gave me shudders.

"Kia kar rahi ho aaj kal?" He questioned.

I am in no mood to talk right now, but well.

"Continuing with my studies." I replied shortly, not wanting to sound rude or angry.

"Ohhh! Kia parh rahi ho?" He questioned again and I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Interior Designing."

"Cool!" He remarked. "Konsi university se?"

"University of Houston," I gritted my teeth and looked down, not wanting him to see.

Yeh mujhe jan boojh k irritate kar rahay hain? Ya mera dimagh kharab hai?

"Wow! Mein bhi wahin parhta hun. Acting ka course kar raha hun. Seems like we'll be meeting in the university too." He smiled at me and I nodded, faking a smile.