1. Maaiyoon

I woke up and quickly ran to the stairs to find everyone busy in preparations. A smile crept onto my lips and I couldn't stop grinning. I ran to my room and quickly got some clothes and entered the washroom. I took a cool, relaxing shower but that stupid smile wouldn't just go away.

'Woh din aa gya jiska mjhe hamesha se intezaar tha, 8 saal se wait kr rhi thi mein tmhara, Ayaan. Ab kal tm mere ho jaoge, bas mere. Kitna mushkil tha intezaar yeh tm kia jano.' I thought. I got out and quickly dried my hair before trudging down the stairs.

"Assalamualaikum, Ammi." I greeted her and she smiled, placing her hand on my cheek.

"Walaikumassalam, beta." She said and removed her hand before moving into the kitchen. "Bari hi khush dikh rahi hain aap, Hafsa madam. Bas is hi tarah Allah tmhain hamesha khush rkhe." She said and I mumbled an 'Ameen'

"Kia banaya hai aap ne aaj?" I asked as I walked closer to help her.

"Tumhara favourite, Karela." She said and I made a face.

"Kia, ammi? Abhi tak aap ko yahi nhi pta? I hate karela!" I frowned at her. "Aakhri nashta hai aapke sath, kal chali jaaongi. Phir aap beth ke khaiyega yeh karway karele."

"Mazaak kr rhi hu, bhaee. Here u go, aaloo ka paratha." She said as she passed me the plate.

I happily took it from her hands and gave her a cheeky smile. I sat with everyone and had my breakfast. After breakfast, I got up moved to help ammi with handling the kitchen and she dragged me out of the kitchen.

"What?" I question and she dragged me to the girls who sat there with mehendis. "

"Ammi, I HATE MEHENDI! Mein nahi lagwaa rahi." I crossed my arms at my front.

"Nakhre nahi karo. Tameez se beth jao." Mom said scolding me.

"Mom, you know mein kitni nafrat karti hu mehendi se. Phir bhi?" I pouted, trying to get her to listen to me but to no avail.

"Chalo bakwaas nai kro. Shadi pe bhi nakhrey? Pagal, ek din toh at least larki banne ki acting hi kr lo." She said in mock anger and I smiled sarcastically.

"Ammmii, this is hard. I can't even act, aur waise bhi unhen bhi nhi pasand." I said as I got up and she held my hand.

"Hafsa, aa jao na yaar. Kyun nakhre dikha rhi ho?" I heard a voice which sounded familiar.

'Oh, wait! I know this voice. Huda? Omg, HUDA!'

I quickly turned to find her smiling at me. I hugged her tight.

"Kahan thi? I missed you, man."

"Mein aa gai na ab? Please mehendi lagwao, Ayaan ki khatir?" She pouted and I agreed.

'Ab koi Ayaan ki khatir kuch krne ko kahe aur mein na kroon? Aisa ho hi nahi skta. Mein toh uske liye jaan bhi de skti hu.'

"Aye hayeee." Huda smirked, "Ghum hogayi bachi Ayaan ke khayalat mein." I knew I must have been blushing and she must have noticed. Stupid, blush. I mentally rolled my eyes and sat down.

They kept doing the mehendi while I sat down observing how preparation took place for my wedding.

"Jaldi kro, yaar, ise taiyaar bhi hona hai." Huda complained and they quickly ended my mehendi. After I got up, I saw my hands full of mehendi and how helpless I felt only because of that mehendi.

I can't even brush my own hair away, I huffed. I got up as Huda took out my clothes for Maiyon. "You'll look amazing, yaar." She said as she examined my dress. "Ooper se Khushi toh check kro, smile toh hatt hi nahi rhi jese chehre se." She smirked. I gave her my cheesy grin and nudged her with my butt.