9. Phone Call

I was doing my homework. All my books spread on the floor, my pens all over the room and I was lying down on the floor. I glanced up at the wall clock and saw the time. Unfortunately and luckily, Hussain and Shehry were attending a few classes with me like American History and Photography etc. I so wanted to apologize to Hussain for what I did to him on the first day we met but couldn't. He has been so nice to me, supporting me, trying to be friends with me and here I was being so arrogant and stupid.

I tried looking for an opportunity but got none. I have to apologize, I know.

Shehry is really a sweetheart. He takes care of the little things I do, we do. I glanced up at the wall clock and it showed 1 am. Studies is getting harder with passing time and I have started to sacrifice my naps and slumbers just so I can study and get good marks. I often forget to have meals too.

Ohhh! I didn't even have my dinner. I forgot.

My mom kept calling for me and I said I will have it when I feel like and asked her to sleep. I was too lazy to wake up. She was probably asleep by now. I got up and my stomach rumbled.

Can not my stomach just silently send messages to my brain? Why does it make such noises?

I trudged down the stairs and walked into the kitchen. I found a whole plateful of biryani in the microwave.

Daaamn! Now I get why mom was so impatiently waiting for me to have dinner. Thanks, Amma jaan I love you.

I quickly started munching on my biryani, I was so hungry. After I was done, I walked to the fridge and had some ice cream.

Obviously, meetha zaroori hota hai na. Especially agar ice cream ho toh.

I walked back to my room after I was done and laid down on my bed. I was so tired and saw my phone blinking but didn't feel like walking to it. It felt as if all the energy was drained out. I decided to sleep for a few minutes before I start working again.

Hussain's POV:

It's been a long time since I have Hafsa's number but I dared not messaging or talking to her.

Uska ghussa, tauba. Ghussa ho jaye to bande ko kahin ka nahi chorti hai.

I was in my bed and it was already 1:30. I so badly wanted to call her right now but she might be sleeping or she might get angry. She has all rights, after all I stole her number in a way. I don't want her to stop trusting me or talking to me. I didn't really care much of what people around me do but why do I feel different when I'm with them?

I picked up my phone from the table and decided to call her. I called her but cancelled it even before it was dialed.

Woh mind toh nahi karegi na? Itni raat ko call kar raha hoon. Come on, Hussain. Mard ka bacha ban aur dial kar de call.

I called her again and it kept ringing but she didn't pick it up. Since a few days, I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking of her and dreaming of her too. It's weird and I don't understand why.

I keep drowning in her thoughts, when I look at her I drown into her beauty. The way she blinks her brown, big eyes and they way her lips curve when she smiles. That guilty smile she gives every time I signal her to not fall for thoughts again and the way her hair moved on the beach and swayed because of the wind. She is an angel.

I looked at the time again and it was 2:00 am. I decided to give her another call. I picked up my phone and dialed her number. I waited for a few seconds and when I was about to hang up, she picked up.

"Hello?" She spoke in her sleepy but sexy voice. I felt guilty for waking her up. "Hello? Now who ever you are, Will you speak up?" She spoke again, a little less sleepier.