23. Ignorance and Importance

AssalamuAlikum people :)
Soo soo soooo sorry for updating late :(
Will try my best to keep you all happy and keep updating :)

Remember us in your prayers and happy reading :)

Hafsa's POV

I woke up this morning, fresh and happy. I don't know why, but a smile crept to my face when the first thought that crossed my mind was of Hussain. I don't know why I feel so good when I think about him. As if he's the one who's my best friend, my soulmate for life.

Aik to baat nahi kar raha hai, aur subha subha dimagh mein agaya hai! Hunh.

I shrugged the thoughts away and slipped into shower. I changed into a pink T-shirt, pairing it with blue jeans. I tied my hair into a tight ponytail and left some bangs hanging on my forehead. I applied some lip gloss and was soon done getting ready.

I quickly had breakfast with my parents and waited for Hussain to pick me up for University. It has always been him who picks me up and drops me home before and after our Uni. I gave him a call and he canceled it... again.

Ki hogaaya hai tenu? Ignore shignore mara jaaraha hai? Hmph!

Baaz to aana nahi hai is insaan ne. Kitna ignore karoge, yaaaaaaaaar!

I called again but it kept ringing and he didn't attend. I heard a horn and bid my goodbyes to mum and left the house. I walked up to the car and opened the door. I saw Shehry still sleepy and in his Pj's.

Hussain nahi aaya? Shehry bhi tayar nahi? Hain? Whats's going on.

I quietly sat down after running my eyes on him, up and down, for a few seconds. I said my salams and he replied back.

"Itni heraan lag rahi ho? Kia baat hai, madam?" He asked softly, shifting his gaze from me to the road in front again and again. "I know what you're thinking. Why I'm still in my pjs and where's Hussain, right? We aren't attending university today. Thora kaam tha." He smiled at the end and I managed to give a small nod.

Unhon ne phir apni tashreef laana zaroori nahi samjhi aur yeh mera driver ban ke aagaye hain. Pehle pata hota to khud chali jati.

I didn't speak much during the whole ride and we didn't share any conversation in between us. I didn't feel like speaking much so I stayed silent. Soon we reached university and I got off the car. Shehry bid me a goodbye and I passed him a warm smile, waving back. I could feel his cheeks go red and smiled at the scene.

Itna kaaayooottee banda hai, yaar.

I walked to the classroom and everyone gawked at me. It was the first time I was entering this class without Hussain, maybe that was the reason. I could hear mutters and crazy girls drooling over Hussain. They were whispering things like, 'Where's Hussain? Is he okay? He is such a sweetheart!' and 'She's alone today? Where's her Romeo?'

Angrezon tak ko kitni fikar hai. Apne kaam se kaam to rakh nahi sakte aaj kal log.

I took my seat in the class and pulled my mobile from my bag. I sent Hussain a message and he immediately saw it but ignored it. I sent him a second message which again, he ignored. I sent him the last message and pushed my mobile into my bag, sighing and waiting for the class to start. Thankfully, I just had two classes today and both for 40 minutes. Alhamdulillah!

Hussain's POV:

I was sitting here talking to Minal and Laiba about the arrangements. We had to confirm and prepare things. We were in the middle of discussion when I received a message from Hafsa. I quickly opened the message.