chapter 16

i am dedicating this chapter to ManasaMaani..:))

Ankita pov

"Hey Ankita, are you ready?" Arun came pushing the door open.

"Yeah, I am ready. Arun will you please tell me what is happening, why did you tell them you married me?" I asked Arun who was picking my luggage bags.

"Ankita, I will tell you everything, now we have no time please hurry," saying Arun left with my luggage. 

I too locked the door and followed him.

"Arun, atleast tell me now we are in flight now," I asked Arun who was busy  thinking something.

"Ankita I am tired please let me sleep for sometime," saying he closed his eyes.

Whenever I tried to ask him what was happening, he avoided my question with different types of excuses.

A black Limousine was waiting for us outside the airport. I blindly followed Arun towards the limousine. chauffeur opened the door for us.

"Hey Henry how are you?" Arun greeted the chauffeur cheerfully.

"Fine sir," he said smiling.

It was my first time to visit other country other then India. I was excited, I was staring out of the window with my mouth open in astonishment. Everything was so beautiful. 

"Arun, Singapore is so beautiful," saying I turned towards Arun who was sitting beside me. He simply nodded seeing me. Something was wrong for sure.

"Arun is everything OK?" I asked with concern.

"Yeah darling everything is fine, I need to give you something," saying he removed Mangala sutra (Necklace worn by married Hindu women in India) from his bag.

I was shocked seeing it, "Arun, what is this?" I screamed.

"Remember you are married to me in my family's view, so without this in your neck, they wont believe, I think you are understanding," he said trying to put. the Mangala sutra to my neck.

"Nooo wait nooo," I screamed. Arun was startled with my action.

"What?" he asked being shocked.

"How can you put it, I will ware it myself," saying I grabbed Mangala sutra from his hand. In our tradition we believe that once the Man puts the necklace around the woman's neck they are married. 

I don't want to marry Arun in that luminous, I wanted marry him in front all the elders of his family and my family, I know I hate my step mother and my dad but they are all what I have. I wanted to ware my mother's Red Saree to my marriage, I wanted Ankita to be with me in my marriage. 

I simply wore the mangala sutra and turned my face towards the window to hide my tears from Arun.

"Ankita," Arun said softly in my ears. With his hand on my cheek he moved my face towards him, I was crying, tears were flowing freely. 

"Please don't cry," saying he started to wipe my tears away.

"Ankita do you trust me?" he asked staring directly into my eyes cupping my cheeks.

"Yes, you are my world Arun," I said with a low voice. He hugged me very lovingly.

"Arun but what this all for why should we act that we are married?" I asked him hugging.

He released me from hug and said "Ankita my parents wanted me to marry some other girl, they wont agree to our marriage if I tell them that I love you, my mom is very stubborn, and I cant leave you,"