He gave me a sardonic smile. "Oh, it will not take long. He already did a number on you. " e said looking down at my shirt. I followed his gaze and spied the red stain my shirt. It was then that I felt it, a pain that made my knees buck.

I covered my mouth when I coughed. Glancing down, I looked quizzically at the blood smeared in it.

"I'm very proud of him. How does it feel to have a hole in there? I could wager you won't last long."

I couldn't speak as the pain finally made itself known. I was shaking and it was as if the strength in my legs became nonexistent as I fell on the ground. The man laughed spitefully.

"He must have used something so you won't be able to feel the pain when he kills you." He stood in front of me and yanked at my hair down. "How noble?" he hissed. "And yet you killed him."

The hate that reflected in his eyes made me cower.

"I will kill you slowly, that you'll wish you-"

He suddenly stopped and straightened, his smile getting wider.

Three wolves arrived, all growling ferociously, snapping their jaws in my direction. My stomach dropped.

"The party is about to start. I'm going to make you watch as each of my brother tore your limbs one by one."

One wolf growled, snapping his jaws as if in agreement.

The man looked down at me, bending down so he can whisper in my ear. "And make him feel all of this. He will be livid of course. How is that? The mighty Roarke Romanov finally feeling a loss? That's more than enough revenge."

My heart stuttered to a stop.

Roarke.

He was not behind all of this.

As if on cue, a growl once again resounded around us. The man straightened almost immediately, looking around. The wolves had their hackles raised in alarm, teeth barred for what was to come. And then it came, in a blur, a big black wolf flew past in front of me, tackling the man into the ground.

I knew it was him. He came for me.

The pain had numbed me greatly and I couldn't focus on anything at all. I could hear growling, whines of and grunts of pain and snapping of jaws. Between all of what was happening, I slipped in and out of consciousness. My eyes were trained on him, watching him, making sure he was all right and yet I got the feeling he didn't need it at all.

He looked graceful as he tackled them to the ground, snapping his jaws angrily at their necks until they moved no more. It felt forever until he tossed the remaining one in the ground. It was silent again. I could focus on the sound around us. It relaxed me a little. The black wolf suddenly disappeared and in a second, he was there, looming above me, his face a mask of anger.

I know it wasn't for me and yet I still shivered under his gaze.

He gently pulled me to a sitting position, pulling me closer to him. I was very aware he was naked and yet he seemed not to care.

"I'm carrying you back home." He said softly. My eyes fluttered closed. It was a struggle to force it open again.

I shook my head and I was sure I saw a vein throb in his forehead.

"You're impossible." He said exasperatedly and looked around us. His eyes narrowed.

"Let's get you down to the river."

In a second I was in his arms and we were on our way to the river. I snaked my arms around his nape and felt him stiffen but soon relax. His head dipped down to my exposed neck. I had a distant feeling he inhaled my scent and yet it felt normal, relaxing even.

We were soon wading down the river until the water reached his waist. I held in my breath as he slowly lowered himself and me into the water.

"Relax. You will heal." He whispered soothingly. I do what he says until we were both submerged in the water up to our necks. I couldn't feel pain anymore. I was just exhausted. My body sagged against his, seeking for comfort.

"I-I'm sorry." I murmured and I really was. I was naïve, not to realize that I was in danger because I was turned by a royal werewolf and could be a target of everybody who wants to get to them.

He didn't answer at first. He just held me, stroking my hair gently. "You were brave." He said, startling me a bit. "But very unguarded. I should teach you combat myself." He added.

"N-not your friend?" I asked tiredly.

"No. Not her. I will make sure this won't happen again." His hold tightened on me and I remembered what Dr. Morris said. "This is your problem Miss LeChat, you assume the worst of everybody."

Was I assuming worst of him?

Then it makes everything a lot worse.

Vote and Comment!!!