Miss Moving On

Chapter Ten ~ Maya

October

*"How long are we avoiding this?" I ask.

"Not avoiding nothing. Just life moving on beyond that thing that happened between me and Farkle," Idina says to us as we sit at the bay window; Riley grabs my face and holds it close pretending like it's in a similar fashion to what happened between Farkle and Idina a couple of weeks ago, "I know what it was, you do not have to react it out for me. Guys, other things are happening. Life got over it. Why can't you?" We stop acting out their almost kiss and Riley frowns.

  "Life isn't over it. Haven't you noticed everything stopped? Nothing is happening," Riley says.

"Um, are y'all forgetting a certain someone's birthday this weekend?" Idina says trying to jog our memory that this weekend is October twenty-second, her birthday. Riles and I pretend like we have to think about it for a moment, then stare at Idina and smile.

"HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!" We scream in her face. She rubs her ears

"Guess you didn't forget," She chuckles.

"So here's what I'm thinking, you come over, and we'll go up to the rooftop for a special movie night," I say, "And everyone should feel like a princess on her birthday. Riley and I will come over to your house and help you get ready."

"Great," she says, looking at her phone, "Well I gotta go y'all, it's getting kinda late." Before she leaves we all whip our hair.

"Stop it," we say in unison, waving our hands at each other because we are so fine. It's our handshake. She smiles and leaves through the bay window. Once she is safely in her own window, has closed it tightly, and has closed the shade, I whistle down for Farkle and Lucas. They climb up the fire escape since they have been waiting for a little while for Idina to leave. Once in we all sit on the floor.

"So Idina's birthday, we need to make it awesome," I say. They nod in agreement.

"Is everything set up for the surprise party?" Lucas asks. He had told us that she's never had a surprise party before, so we thought it'd be the perfect gift.

"Rooftop check! Invitations sent!" Riley squeals.

"The Object is ready for pickup. Her mom said it's okay to have, and I'm gonna take care of it and bring it to the party Saturday" Farkle says. We got Idina a super special surprise with the codename Object. Lucas told us she's never had one, so we thought we'd get her one. She's in for a big shocker.

"This is gonna be the best birthday party ever!" Riley shouts, and we all shush her, worried Idina might hear, even though she's all the way in her apartment.

*some lines in chapter direct lines, or variations of lines from GMW*