Remember Forever

Chapter Twenty-Five ~ Idina

Saturday

I readjust my navy bow in the mirror and take one last look at the entirety of my outfit. A blonde figure, more specifically, Maya comes up on my right side in the mirror and places her arm on my shoulder.

"Idina, you look beautiful, don't be nervous you'll be fine," she says as Riley comes up in a similar style on my left side.

"Yeah, if anyone should be nervous it's him because you are on fire!" she says snapping her fingers sassily. I turn around to both girls as they meet behind me and excitedly smile.

"Thanks, y'all, and I'm really glad that on my first date my two best friends will be by my side."

"If anyone should be nervous it's me! I'm going out with Uncle Boing!" Maya shrieks.

"Ms. Confident is love struck I see," I tease as Riley and I each uses a hand to make a heart. She pushes them apart, then tries to act chill.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine,"

"I'm going out with Lucas Friar, again. I never thought I would say that. Maya, Idina, should I be scared?"

"Of Treetop?" I reconfirm using one of my nicknames for Friar.

"Sure honey, you be as scared as you want," Maya chuckled. I giggle and look down to steal a glance at my outfit, a teal dress with black and white patterned rose and skull leggings, my favorite pair of boots, my lucky "love" necklace, and my black jacket that only has the top loop buttoned up.

"Alright, enough girl talk," Maya grabs one of my arms, and then one of Riley's, pulling us out of the bedroom and towards the living room. When we enter I see Auggie falling asleep in his food, but Topanga's distracted by us, wearing an expression of shock and proudness. My mom had to do inventory for the clinic tonight, so Topanga pulls out her phone and snaps a quick picture of the three of us to text her, blinding me for a few moments. I blink to regain my vision as Mr. Matthews walks up to us from the table.

"Wow, you girls look gorgeous," he says.

"Thank you, Mr. Matthews," I say. Topanga comes on Riley's side and hugs her.

"You girls have fun tonight okay?"

"We will Mom," Riley assures her mother, then looks at Maya and me, "It hasn't even started, and yet I know this is going to be a night I remember for the rest of my life."

"Same," I reply as Maya nods her head. Cory lifts up Auggie bridal style and carries the sleeping young boy off to bed. I place myself on the bench next to Riley who's in the middle of Maya and me. Topanga snaps one more picture before Maya becomes somewhat annoyed.

"Please stop blinding me! The light, it burns," she sarcastically says. Topanga looks at her.

"Maya, I know your mom would be here if she could, and Idina, I know your mom would too,"

"Yeah, the clinic has her tonight," I reply, Topanga straightens herself up some.

"Well consider me your honorary mother girls."

"Thanks, I do," I reply.

"Always have," Maya agrees.

"You've always been my mom, unless there's something you're not telling me," Riley jokes, and we all have a light laugh. The doorbell disperses out laughter, as we see Mr. Matthews run from the hall, jump over the couch and to the door, then stops to catch his breath.

"I got it," he shakily announces still trying to get his pulse back to normal. We silently giggle as Mr. Matthews opens the door to reveal Joshua Matthews.