Adorable, Cute

Chapter Five ~ Lucas

I will keep her secret. The worry in her eyes makes me uneasy. The fear, that I could do something terrible to her, the power I hold in my hands, it terrifies the both of us. I promise myself to protect her. My friends will help me, even if they don't know the whole story. They'll love her no matter what. We're a family, who just got a new addition.

I stare down at the old paper from the rodeo she dropped as Riley and Maya dragged her into the bathroom. I almost call out to her, but then a few words caught my eyes, adorable, cute. Wait, what? I read back over the note and see what she first thought about me. Looks like Idina might have had a little crush on this cowboy! I smile and begin to walk to history.

She is pretty, and I love the way she pushes up her glasses, and plays with her hands when she's nervous. Wait, why do I know all this? Do I have a crush on Idina? I smile at the paper. Or, does she have a crush on me?

She seemed upset that we drifted apart, and I was so excited to see her. I missed texting with her, I missed calling her, I missed skyping her, but most of all, I missed her.

Oh great, another girl I like! I already like-like Riley, then added in Maya, and now Idina? Could my luck get any worse?

Then again, she's so much different then Riley and Maya. Riley is super sweet and goofy, and a little awkward. I love her smile. Maya is a rebel and bad-girl, and I like her creativity. I know she's going places, and feel very protective of her. There both polar opposites of each other, a good girl, and a bad girl.

But then, there's Idina. She is like a mix of the two along with her own traits. She's kind, sweet, and a little awkward. She's sarcastic, sometimes snarky, but knows how to fight when needed. She seems timider then she use to be. And then add in her own traits. She is a beautiful writer, I love the way she scrunches her nose, how kind she is, and her perspective of the world. I feel very protective of her too, but with Maya, I know without me she could most likely handle things. Thinking back to when I first met Idina I see that handling ability, now, she seems more scared, like something has shut that part of her down.

I saw what Missy did and it got me so angry! Why is she so mean to people who she doesn't know?! 

I won't let anything hurt Idina. Not her father, or bullies like Missy. Even with my feelings, I won't let that get in the way of our friendship, of my protection of her. I will keep her safe like I do with all my friends, at any cost.