Chapter 30

Hadley walked into the airport with a shaky hand firmly wrapped around the handle of her luggage. Her eyes scanned over the faces of the passing people before she spotted Tyler signing autographs for a few people. She slowed her pace and waited for the people to get their pictures before making her way over.

Tyler took one last picture with one of the fans before he spotted Hadley patiently standing a few yards away. “Happy birthday, babe.” He mumbled into her hair after she threw herself into his strong arms.

“I missed you.” Her arms were tightly wrapped around his neck, pressing her body firmly to his.

“I missed you too.”  Tyler pulled away so he could look into Hadley’s eyes. Placing his index finger under her chin, he titled her face up and placed a long awaited kiss on her soft lips. “I missed doing that.” He mumbled, making a smile break out across Hadley’s lips.

“That’s not the only thing I missed.” Hadley bit her bottom lip and looked up at Tyler through her thick lashes. Hadley had decided that acting like nothing was wrong would keep her calm until she figured out the right way to tell Tyler that she was pregnant.

“God you’re perfect.” He pressed another kiss to her lips. “And you’re all mine tonight.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tyler wasted no time in celebrating Hadley’s birthday. Once they got back to the apartment, Tyler waited for Hadley to put most of her things away in the dresser they now shared before telling her to change because they were going out.

“Tyler, you are acting like a crazy person. Are you okay?” Hadley asked as he interlaced their fingers.

“Yeah,” he stopped once they reached the elevators to peck her lips. “I just want to take you out tonight because I leave for a five game road trip tomorrow.”

She frowned a bit. “A five game road trip?”

“I’m sorry, baby. I should’ve told you earlier, it just slipped my mind.”

Hadley’s heart fluttered in her chest and her stomach did a series of flips when the word “baby” left Tyler’s mouth. She was quietly standing hand-in-hand with Tyler in the elevator as she internally debated whether she should tell him tonight despite him being away for more than five days. On top of that, Hadley started classes at Boston College in just a few short days.

“You’ve been quiet.” Tyler placed his hand over hers as they sat at a secluded table in the quiet restaurant. “Are you okay?”

Hadley smiled and warily eyed the glass of wine that the waiter had poured for her. It remained untouched and she was starting to feel like Tyler was beginning to sense that something was wrong. “Yeah,” she smiled and placed her other hand on top of his. “Thank you for tonight.”

A subtle smirk spread across Tyler’s lips as he waved down their waiter for their check. “The night’s not over yet.”