Chapter 26

“You know, despite your efforts to be incognito, people still know who you are.” Hadley looked up at Tyler with an amused smile.

Tyler sighed and took off his sunglasses. “Damn,”

She laughed. “You tried.”

Tyler and Hadley stood at the gate where Hadley’s flight would soon be departing from. “It’s going to be weird not having you around the apartment.” He placed his hand on her waist. People who were walking by were watching the two of them clearly fascinated by Tyler Seguin being affectionate with a girl.

“You have Marshall here now.” Hadley placed her hands on top of Tyler’s. “So stop being such a baby.”

He chuckled and kissed her lips. Just as he pulled away, the gate for Hadley’s flight began to take tickets to board the plane. Tyler shook his head. “I’ll miss you.”

“I’ll miss you too.” Hadley leaned up on her tip toes to give Tyler one last kiss before she boarded the plane. “It’ll go by fast. I promise.” She mumbled against his lips.

Tyler held her tight against his body and gave her one last lingering kiss. “I’ll see you in a few weeks.”

“Bye Tyler.” With one last hug, Hadley grabbed the handle of her suitcase and with her ticket in hand she boarded the plane back to Brampton.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hadley landed in Brampton early in the morning. She was happy to see Jackie there to pick her up from the airport.

“How was it?” She smiled.

Hadley had a megawatt smile on her face. “It was exactly what I needed.”

Jackie hugged her and the two began to walk toward the exit. “I’m happy to hear that. How was the birthday boy on his birthday?”

“He was good.” She laughed. “How was everything here?”

“Same old, same old.” They walked out of the airport and towards the car where Candace was waiting in the driver’s seat. “I thought you might be happy to know that you already have a bid on the house.”

Hadley felt a wave of relief wash over her. She had to get rid of the house before leaving for Boston. She had spent weeks cleaning out the closets and selling the extra pieces of furniture that she could get rid of. “That’s amazing.”

“I knew you’d be happy to hear that.” Jackie opened the trunk of the car and Hadley threw her suitcase in. “So you’re back for a few weeks?”

She nodded. “Yeah, I leave as soon as I sort things out with my professors. I’m going to try to make it back to Boston by my birthday because Tyler wanted to do something for my birthday.”

“It’s about time!” Candace joked when Hadley opened the back passenger door. “How was Boston?”

“It was good.” Hadley knelt forward to hug Candace around the car seat. “Cassidy at home?”

“She was sleeping when we left.” Candace checked her blind spot before merging out into traffic.

“Smart girl.” Hadley yawned and sat back in her seat before pulling the seatbelt across her body. It had been a long day. She had just sat on a plane for four hours and she was looking forward to curling up in her bed and sleeping for days. That was what she was hoping for, but she knew that she would be down at the community college to make sure everything that needed to be sent was sent. She also had to close a deal on the house. She couldn’t be back in Boston soon enough.