Chapter 22

Tyler sat on the couch the following day. He was still riding the high from last night’s game. There was nothing like making a shootout goal and being told to do it again and making it the second time.

He sat on the couch watching the NHL network while waiting for Hadley to get changed. “Hey babe, are you almost ready?”

“Ready,” she said from behind him. Hadley had a hand braced against the wall as she slipped her feet into her heels.

Tyler turned off the TV and stood up, straightening out his dress shirt. “Wow,” he breathed. “You look –”

Hadley blushed. “Stop.”

“Amazing.” He smiled and wrapped his arms around her waist.

“You ready?” She looked up at him.

“Yeah,” he didn’t have to lean as far down to kiss her because of her heels. Grabbing her hand, he interlaced their fingers and he led her out of the apartment.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tyler and Hadley sat next to each other at a table with Tyler’s teammates and the WAGs. He had his hand on her leg, gently tracing circles on her knee with his thumb.

They had just finished their dinner and Hadley was talking with Chara’s wife, Tatiana. “You know he hasn’t taken his hands off you since you two sat down.” She smiled looking towards Tyler who was facing the other direction while talking to Brad.

Hadley ran her hand over Tyler’s and she curled her finger between his. “He does that a lot.”

Tatiana laughed. “So how long have you been together?”

“If I remember correctly, about a month.” Hadley was never the type of girl to obsess over the duration of a relationship. She hated girls who celebrated their relationship every week or every month. It was just unnecessary.

“Aw,” she gave Hadley a touched smile. “Are you in Boston for much longer?”

“I leave on the second, but I’ll be back in a few weeks to start classes down at Boston College.”

Tatiana’s face lit up. “He mentioned that to me a few weeks ago. What’re you studying?”

“Sports medicine,” Hadley smiled. “It’s a broad field, but I’m thinking about being an Athletic trainer.”

“So is Tyler excited that you’re staying?”

Hadley shook her head. “He doesn’t know yet, I was going to tell him on his birthday.”

She nodded. “Well I’m sure he’ll love the surprise.”