Chapter nine

After taking my aunt carry to the store we had plenty of time left before dinner. we weren't starting until five and it was only a little after one but we had decided to head back to the house so we could help set up. My house wasn't the traditional New York home my room is probably bigger then the first floor of an apartment, we have a huge back and front yard, two pools, a Jacuzzi, gym, three bedroom guest house which is probably why I didn't see much of my family until breakfast this morning.. four guest rooms, a game room, two kitchens one out side near the pool and a tennis court. My dad and my uncles built this house for us and most of the other houses in my neighborhood. together my uncles and my dad do land and real estate and separately my dad owns two wineries.

When we finally got back to the house we took in the groceries and went straight to work, I decorated and set the tables in our dining room , My Aunt Carey helped out in the kitchen and Kaprial helped set up the food area with her Aunt Mary. After about two hours everything was done and we still had an hour or so to change and get ready for dinner.

As soon as I got into the bath tub my phone started ringing. I just let it ring.. after relaxing for a good thirty minutes or so I dried off and put my undergarments on. as soon as I slipped on my robe I walked in my room and dived right into my bed.. I didn't even notice I drifted off to sleep until my phone started beeping signaling I had a text, "fuck" i mumbled getting up to see who it was. there was no caller id but the message said "probably won't be able to make it tonight" I rolled my eyes I already knew who it was.. I was gonna reply but I decided to call instead, a few rings in Andrew answered "hey babe i take it you got my text" he asked causing me to roll my eyes again. Yeah I answered dryly. Look I'm sorry but they need Amber at work tonight so we switched schedules and I have to keep ariah tonight".. I sighed but i said nothing. I get it, I mean he has daddy duties I guess it's just gonna take me some time to get use to all of it. "Hello?" He said pulling me out of my thoughts "yeah I'm here it's fine" I said trying to sound as happy as possible. "I'll make it up to you cadence I promise" yeah..  I said "but I gotta finish getting ready for dinner with my family I'll talk to you later" I said hanging up. after laying back in bed I finally got up to do my make up, I went with a natural beat and added some wand curls to my already wavy hair. Kaprial came in just as I was finishing my hair fully dressed and asked me to do her make up. she looked so pretty, she had on a long  fitted sequin dress with some sparkly silver heels that matches her necklace. of course I said getting up motioning for her to sit down. I gave her a some what natural look but added a little blue and silver to her eyelids and gave her a dark blue lip that went perfect with her dress and her complexion, after I was done I slipped on my dress, it was a black fitted dress that I paired with some red single soles that went along perfectly with my red matte lips. me and Kaprial look damn good, if I do say so myself. after snapping a few pictures of Kaprial and i. I grabbed the gift bags out of my closet and headed down stairs. I guess everyone was still getting ready because when I got down stairs it was just me, Kaprial and a couple of my cousins. I went and sat my gifts on the table and grabbed a water out the fridge. walking back into the main room I bumped into my dad, Him and I haven't really spoke since the fight at dinner the other night. "hey kiddo you look beautiful" he said "you look more and more like your mother everyday". I smiled at him, Arabella came down the stair looking stunning just as we hit the living room she was in a red dress that stopped just under her knee with her hair in a bun and some red pumps. you girls really are beautiful how about we take some pictures my dad suggested. Arabella and I walked into the living room where we had our camera person for the night set up and stood in front of the camera and posed for pictures along with my dad. when we were done my dad asked to talk to me, I was no longer mad at him but I still wanted an apology for the way he flipped out. sure I said walking down the hall to his office. "I just wanna tell you I'm sorry, I over reacted your my only child, my only daughter and your going off to college soon.. I don't know what I'm going to do with you so far away" he said his eyes watering. It's okay dad I understand and don't cry I said laughing.. "your just so big now just yesterday you were being born and in a couple of months your gonna be off to college, just promise me you'll be good".. Of course I said giving him a hug. now come on before you make me cry I said patting under my eyes your gonna make me mess up my makeup.