Chapter 22

Ambers POV

Davery didn't say anything for a whole minute. She just looked at me with disgust in her eyes. I think she was realizing she had a problem. She didn't eat and it was killing her.

My mother battled anorexia after I was born. She stop eating for many reasons. She was thought she was fat, she felt unwanted, insecure. I remember being five years old sitting at the table in the morning drinking orange juice and drawing a picture with my blue and purple crayons since that was my favorite colors. My mother was baking bacon and eggs and some pancakes with peanut butter and maple syrup with whip cream and chocolate syrup. It was my favorite. She made me that every morning for breakfast. When my father wasn't around or he was sleeping she would eat with me and Aaron. Aaron would always finish his food first and try to eat mine and I would stab his hands with a fork. It was my food and nobody touches my food, unless they wanted to get seriously hurt. It was my favorite child memory when it was me and my mom and Aaron and my father was out of the picture.

You see my father would go back and forth to living with us and living prison since he got in trouble a lot. When my father was in prison my mother even though it hurt her she knew she had to be strong and take care of me and Aaron. She was a much better person when my father wasn't around. She was happy, I guess she felt that dad was all she deserved since she didn't have her father around she thought we needed our father. Even though he couldn't give two shits about us.

After my father got out of prison, again. My mom took him back. He would drink all day and all night and just sit on the couch. Aaron took on the responsibly of being a father figure to me since he was older and I was just a little girl. Aaron was the one who kept me safe when my dad would lash out at my mom and try to hurt me but Aaron took the punishment. Thinking about it hurts me so much that I can't help but cringe and spill a few tears.

My describing my father as a 'heartless' was an understatement. He was so much more worse then that. Only probably an inch less horrible them that man that change my life forever. If it wasn't for my dad my mom would be in a wealthy college like Yale, Princeton, Hartford or something like that. But my mom gave up her dreams to be with my lowlife father and to work as a waitress just to buy damn pampers so my shit doesn't go every where while Mr. Father of the year went out and got wasted waiting for the next two legged person with an beating heart to go screw.

I felt bad for my mother, but it was her choice to be with him. Even after my grandmother tried to keep them apart my mother wanted to be with him and only him and give up her life to be successful and find somebody much better that she deserves to be with, not an piece of shit.

See my father thought that my mother needed to look like a 'trophy wife'. Her being a brunette she had to bleach her hair to look like a dumb beach blonde playboy model. She also couldn't be too what my father kindly said 'an lardass'. So he said mom needed to work out and couldn't eat anything but lettuce. Fucking lettuce and water was all she could eat. The sick thing was we had to eat junk food and her favorite foods right in front of her and she couldn't. My father said this is so she could have will power. It was more like fucking slavery.

She got really thin. For her she looked healthy and beautiful when she was 150 or 160 pounds. She went down to 90 pounds and look like Skelton and what did my father do? He cheated on her with a lady who had to be 300 or more pounds. Lets just say I caught him getting it on with a lady who must have ate McDonalds five times a day. Where was my mother? In the fucking hospital with a tube in her stomach because she couldn't process food and refused to eat since she hadn't had food for so long. She looked like death. And I visited her and watched the nurses putting liquid food in her tube that went in her stomach. It was horrible seeing my mother look like she was going to die any second. Ever since then I promised myself I wouldn't let anyone I care about or myself go through that. Because it destroys you.