chapter 43

I sat down in my chair ,dressed in the protection gear they forced me to wear, with my chin in my hands. I sighed "why do I have to wear this stupid outfit?"

shinohara laughed while putting on his boots, "its not stupid its to protect us from dying. gasmask is a really strong ghoul juzo. " he looked at me and spoke in amore serious tone "juuzou make sure you do everything by the books. if you don't you could get seriously hurt or maybe even die."

I nodded then pinned my hair back with my red clips. "lets go kill gasmask!" I shouted, standing and smiling.

shinohara stood up and patted my head. "yeah. lets go kill that son of a bitch." he smiled

I walked out to the vans, following the rest of the investigators, I sat next to shinohara, trying to keep my distance from the others.

the van stopped and we all jumped out. I walked out into the dark night and took my position inside of a empty building along with shinohara as my partner. I held my scythe in my hand and shinohara did the same with his weapon. we waited in silence for a ghoul. we would either fight gasmask or one of madam bloods disciples. madam blood has already been taken out.

the room was dark and cold. I listened closely for any sound of movement. I heard a faint dripping sound, like a pipe was leaking. I felt shinohara tap my shoulder then he pointed to a door. "lets check that room out."

I followed him to the room and went inside. the room was small and there was a single couch inside. siting on that couch was a red haired girl staring strait at us with fear in her eyes. I walked in and stared into her eyes. then a grin formed onto my face "youre human." I said to her.

she backed up in to the couch and bit her lip "yeahh...." she said nervously.

I stood up strait and walked over to shinohara "shes human" I said to him thinking he didn't hear me.

he had his chin in his hand like he was thinking "this doesn't make sense, why would a human be here?" his eyes widened "unless......."

suddenly he jumped at me pulling me down to the ground with him. a large red kagune flung past right above us and crashed into the wall next to us. I saw the red haired girl get up and run towards the source of it smiling and yelling "dragon your back!"

I lifted myself up to my feet and stared at the ground "I..... almost died..."

a large grin creeped across my face "I almost died" I laughed quietly to myself then grabbed a tighter hold on my scythe. I looked up wide eyed and smiling "now its time for you to die!"