chapter 9

I woke up and stared up at the ceiling. I rubbed away the dried up tears on my face. I turned my head as the wall to the arena slowly opened and stretched then stood up. I walked out rubbing my eyes and yawning. I looked up and saw a girl that had blue hair standing right in front of me. She had an evil smile on her face. I yawned "Hi there girl."

She took a knife and sliced my arm. "Hello. Juzo."

I looked up at her and smiled "well that's not fair. You know my name but I don't know yours."

She grinned "I only give my name to worthy opponents."

I grinned back at her "is that so? Well then I'll have to prove that i m worthy then."

I quickly jumped over her and grabbed a sword. She faced me without any fear. "I've been waiting to fight you my whole life juzo. I've been training all my life just for.............."

And then her head fell to the ground and rolled away. I laughed as her blood splashed all over me "if you really trained your whole life just to fight new then I'm pretty disappointed. I mean you took so long talking that you didn't even see me coming." I smiled. "It's too bad I never got to know your name."

I turned around and saw about 5 people standing there trembling. I smirked and started to chase them. I cut them all up one by one. They were just mear humans. No match for me. Right as I cut the last persons head off a bunch of people in weird clothes started to barge in and I heard someone scream "the doves are here!"

I saw them start to kill the audience and there was basically a full on war going on up there. I sat down in a puddle of blood and started humming totally ignoring everything that was going on. Then I looked up and saw people surrounding me. They all had helmets covering their faces and I couldn't see them. I smiled at them. They started to have a discussion.

"What do we do with this one?"

"It's human! We can't kill it!"

"Didn't you see it cut off that guys head a second ago? We can't let this thing live!"

" 'This thing' is a human being and its not our job to kill humans. Besides he's been living with ghouls this long and it probably messed up his brain. Don't kill him. I'll watch over him."

"Are you even sure that's a boy?"

"Yeah. I think it's a boy at least."

One of them looked down at me lifted his helmet off and smiled at me. He put his hand out "Hi. I'm investigator shinohara. It's going to be okay now."

I looked at his outstretched hand with a blank face and hesitated before I put my blood covered hand in his hand. And he helped me stand up. He smiled politely at me and turned to the other people "lets get out of here." He looked down at me. "What's your name kid?"

"Uhhh...ju....juuzou......suzuya... juuzou." I said quietly.

He smiled "your okay now juzo. Your going to be okay. Were leaving this place."

I nodded and followed him. When I stepped outside the door I stopped and looked up at the giant moon. This is the first time I've seen it in so many years. Its so beautiful. I forced myself to look away and followed investigator shinohara to the car. He opened the door for me and I sat in the back. It felt weird to be in a car but I sat there silently.

I'm free. I should be happy but all that I'm filled with is terror. I'm taking in so much new stuff. These trees, these cars, these people. This is all so new and I don't know how to deal with all this.

What am I going to do without mama? How can I be my own person?