chapter 15

We got back to the house and I got out of the car. Shinohara walked into the house but I got distracted by a girl walking on the other side of the street. She had purple hair covering half her face and she was very pail. She was holding some books and looked very sad but there was something weird about her. She didn't....she didn't smell right. I don't know how I could smell her from where I was standing but that smell..I knew that smell. I had smelt it many times before. It was......blood. I looked at the paper bag that she was carrying. Is there something in there?...

"Juzo?" I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned around to see shinohara. "You coming inside?"

I glanced back and the girl was gone. I turned back around and faced shinohara. I smiled "yeah." And then we both went inside.

I walked over to the couch and sat down exhausted from the day. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back. My thoughts slowly faded and I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~

I opened my eyes and I was in a pitch black room. I couldn't see anything I was completely alone. I put my hand up to feel around me and my hand touched something. Then all of a sudden mama was standing in front of me. She smiled at me. She was holding a blood covered knife in one hand and she had something else held behind her back. She slowly showed me with a grin on her face. "You've been a very bad boy juzo." In her hand......there was a body of a little boy. He was covered in blood and his body was limp. She dropped Him on the ground in front of me. Then I noticed it was me. But as a child. I knelt down to see closer when I heard the sound of crying behind me. I turned around and saw taki. She had her face in her hands and she was covered in blood.

I ran towards her "taki!" But then I was pulled back and started to get dragged away into the darkness. It was mama. I tried to get away but I couldn't. My body was completely limp.

She dropped me on the ground and smiled at me. She got close to my face with her red eyes. Her ghoul eyes. She laughed and had her giant white smile spreading further and further across her face. Then she spoke to me but not in her normal voice but in a more demonic voice. "Bad boys don't deserve to be loved...they deserve to die. Why did you leave me juzo? Why!?!"

Tears fell from my eyes and I tried to speak but I couldn't. I started to chock on a black substance that was pouring from my mouth. Then mama disappeared and I was alone again in the darkness. I sat up and coughed the black substance now stopped. I sat there crying when I saw taki again but she wasn't alone. She was holding hands with her mom. They both looked at me with their black ghoul eyes. And they spoke in the same kind of demonic voice mama did. "Why did you kill us juzo? Why? Why?! Why did you do this to us!!?!!" Then taki just spoke as blood fell from her eyes like tears. "I thought we were friends juzo. Aren't we friends??!! Why did you kill me!!!!!!! Juzo!!!!!" Then she ran at me with black liquid falling from her mouth. She came at me with long black claws.

I covered my face with my arms and screamed "I'm sorry!!!" Then I looked up and I was alone again. A large white light appeared and someone was walking towards me. It was itami. She had a long shot dress on that dragged on the floor and she was wearing a white crown with a veil coming off it. Her long white hair seemed even longer then usual and the only color on her were those bright red eyes. She walked slowly towards me with her hair and dress flowing behind her like there was wind but there wasn't. She looked like a god. She walked up to me. I was still on my knees so she was taller then me. She put her hand on my cheek. She was wearing white gloves with lace. She smiled at me and looked into my eyes. "Hello juzo." The way she spoke was no longer like a child but like a god. She lifted my chin so that I would look into her eyes. "I haven't seen you in a long time." She looked up and smiled. "You, juuzou suzuya, are my brother. And you were the one who was meant to end me." She looked down at me and smiled "but you did not. Instead you showed me how to live. You gave me a name. A purpose......an existence." She spoke so calmly and gracefully. Tears formed in my eyes. She walked a little bit away then looked to the side with her dress and hair flowing behind her. "I am itami. I am pain and I am envy..... And I am...." Her bright red eyes looked into my eyes. "I am passion."

As I stared into her eyes I started to get up and I reached out to her. "Itami....." And then her smile fell from her face. Her eyes went from happiness to pain. The bright glow coming from her started to faid and then her white dress slowly started to turn red from the bottom to the top. It was turning the color of roses....and the color of blood. Then the red finally reached the top and her crown turned red too. She looked at me like she wanted me to help her. Then she fell to her knees. Then the red of her eyes fell away and her eyes turned completely white. Blood leaked from her eyes instead of tears and then her body fell to the ground. As she lie there. Her pale skin showed a dim glow while everything else was only black and red. Then her body started to turn to white particles and float into the air then disappear.

As the last of her faded away I head a whisper...."its your fault." And just like that she was gone.

I put my face in my hands and started to cry. Then I heard more and more whispers around me. "It's your fault! It's your fault! It's your fault...." I looked up and I was surrounded by people. They were all the people I had ever killed and it seemed the crowd never ended and they were all screaming the same words at me......it your fault. They came closer and closer but I couldn't see their actual faces. There was just blood falling down a white silhouette but I knew they were the people I had killed. I could tell by the way they were looking at me. Even without eyes they pierced my soul. They were so close to me and they were about to grab me so a squeezed my eyes shut.

~~~~~~~

I opened my eyes and I was in my room. In my bed. I was drenched in sweat and my body was shaking. I sat up and looked at the window. The sun was up. I stopped myself from shaking.

It was all just a dream. I put my hand on my head and sighed. I cracked my neck then stretched my arms in the air. Then I remembered....... I'm going to school today. I got up out of my bed and walked out into the kitchen. Shinohara was asleep on the bar with his face in the newspaper and a cup of coffee next to him. I walked in and then sat next to him. I stared at him curiously and then sighed. "Who's going to make me food?" I leaned my head on shinoharas sleeping body. "Your a nice pillow ya know that Mr. Shinohara." Then I felt him move and he sat up. I got off of him and smiled. "Morning Mr. shinohara."

He yawned and rubbed his eyes. "Morning juzo... What are you doing up this early?"

I shrugged. "Cause a dream woke me up." I smiled and pointed into the kitchen. "Now make me food."

He laughed and yawned again. He folded the newspaper then took a drink of his coffee. "What do ya want to eat juzo?"

I smiled and put my arms in the air then spun around in the chair, "RAMEN!" I screamed excitedly.

He smiled and walked into the kitchen. "Wow you really like ramen. I mean it can't be because you haven't had much else cause I've had you try alot sice you've been living with me."

I smiled. "Well I do like cake better. Can I have that for breakfast?"

He chuckled. "Well I guess since its your first day of school I'll let you have some cake. I will pack some ramen noodles in your lunch okay."

I spun around in my chair. "Yay!" He started to make me food and I spun around in the chair over and over again. Then I stopped and the room was still spinning. I smiled "woah I like that feeling." Then I looked down as shinohara set a slice of cake in front of me. I smiled and started to eat.

Shinohara smiled "I'm glad your living with me now juzo. I was pretty lonely before." I wasn't really listening so I just nodded. Then he kept talking. "I guess we were both lonely and we both just needed a friend to be happy."

I stopped eating and looked up at him with a blank face. "Are you my friend mr. Shinohara?"

He smiled and nodded "yeah of course!" He thought for a second. "Or maybe we are more of a family."

"Family...." I said quietly to myself.

"What was that juzo?"

I smiled at him "nothing." And I continued to eat my cake.