chapter 29

I stared at yokubo with wide eyes. "Your....your supposed to be dead." I replaced the shock on my face with a large grin. "Well I guess I'll just have to make you die again." I laughed.

She frowned at looked at me with tears in her eyes. She clenched her teeth "your the same aren't you! I remember that laugh! That laugh keeps me awake every single night." She put her hands to her head and fell to her knees "that cynical laughter keeps bouncing around in my head. I can still remember the pain of your knife. OVER AND OVER AND OVER INTO MY CHEST!" she looked at me "WHY DIDNT YOU DIE?! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU!?"

I grinned and walked over to ryū. I helped her up then smiled at blood lust. "I'm human. I can't say the same for you though." I brought ryū over to the fence and set her down. She cringed in pain. I smiled at her "don't worry. I'm going to kill him. And what's the worse that can happen. Don't tell me your still afraid of death." I went to walk away but she grabbed my arm.

She spoke softly and her eyes were closed "juzo I'm not afraid of death.." She opened her eyes "I'm afraid of your death. I'm afraid of you getting hurt. I don't care about myself. I only care about you juzo."

I stared at her with wide eyes then smiled and put my hand on her head "your so stupid ryū." Then I walked towards blood lust.

Blood lust stood up and smiled "are you really confident about this fight? You don't have a weapon. You are a human and I am a ghoul. How could you possibly win this fight?"

I stretched and cracked my neck. I smiled at her. "Your right. This fight is in your favor." I grinned "but there's a difference between you and me. You fear pain and I do not. You fear death and I do not...." I stared into her eyes with me evil grin "and you fear me.....and I don't fear you."

She bit her lip but then replaced her worry with a smile. She walked towards me "don't try and get in my head. You only won that fight by hair before and technically you didn't even win. I'm still alive aren't I." She was right next to me. She pulled some lip stick out of her dress and put it on. She grabbed my chin then pressed my lips into hers. Then she pulled her face away and smiled "you see juzo. This whole fight is under my control and you are going to lose."

All of a sudden my body went numb. I couldn't move. Then I fell on the ground in front of her. What is going on? Why cant I move? I looked up at blood lust and saw her grinning down at me. She dropped her lipstick on me "its just so easy to poison a human. One little drop is all it takes. Or should I say.....one little kiss." She smiled "how's it feel down there sleeping beauty?"

I smiled and laughed only able to move my mouth and eyes. "I guess you win. Go ahead and kill me."

She shook her head and smiled "oh no my love. Why would I kill you? You can't even feel pain" I looked up at he with confusion. She just smiled "the only way I know how to make you feel pain is to kill your little girlfriend over there."

I felt I twinge of pain in my side. My eyes widened. I was unable to control the feeling that came over me. I've never felt pain for others why now? Why now when there's nothing I can do? Why do I care? I turned my head to ryū and saw her looking at me with tears in her eyes. She she did a slight smiled and yelled out "I'm counting on you juzo!" She laughed slightly but coughed instead.

She is counting on me.......but there's nothing I can do. I'm paralyzed. Why did she tell me that she's counting on me when there is no way to prevent her death. She's going to die...and once again someone's death will be on my hands.

I'm sorry.......