chapter 4

Mama opened the door and smiled at me. "Juzo. Today is very special. If you do well today I will give you 100 good boy points!" She smiled wide from cheek to cheek then looked at taki "I have a feeling that your new sister taki will fully understand what's going to happen to her if she's not a good boy." I could see in her eyes that she had something planned specialy for taki.

I stood up and spun around laughing "yay I get lots of good boy points!" I looked at mama and put my hand on my head I shut my eyes and smiled at her "thanks mama."

She glared down at taki with evil eyes "I have a feeling this will be fun for you. And you do know that all you have to do to live is kill the other person in the arena. Remember that. From now on your juzos partner and I expect you to meet my standards. If not........" She smiled bigger "I'll have juzo kill you." She slammed the door and left.

I looked down at taki and saw her eyes were wide with terror. My smile fell from my face as I saw her lift her hands to her face to cry. I walked closer to her with curiosity on my face. I kneeled down in front of her and took her hands off her face and put them in mine. I tilted my head and smiled at her. "Don't worry. I won't make you get you clothes dirty. I'll do all the killing this time." I kept a friendly smile on my face.

She stared into my eyes. Her eyes were wide with fear and her mouth was open as if she was about to say something but she didn't. She looked down at our hands and then tears started to fall into both her hands and mine. My smile faded. She was heavy breathing from crying. Then she stopped and started to speak. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you don't understand how to be human. I'm sorry that you have lost everything but don't know it. Mister I really am. I...I'm not crying cause my clothes will get dirty. I'm crying cause she wants us to kill somebody. And we are trapped here." She started crying again then looked up at me with tears rolling down he cheeks. " but I'm glad I met you. Your my friend and we will get through this. Mamas gonna save us. I know it."

I froze not knowing what to say. None of this makes sense. Friend? Trapped? I don't understand. Am I trapped? Is mama a bad guy? Human? Am I human? No. I can't be. I'm a ghoul. I have to be. Humans don't kill. So how can I be human? I'm a ghoul. I was about to say something when the wall to the arena opened. I stood up and smiled "come on! It's play time! "

She stood up and wiped her tears away then turned around to face the arena. I grabbed her hand and we walked into the arena. I smiled at the crowd and waved well taki kept her head down and looked at the ground. I looked around for the person I was supposed to kill. I didn't see anyone. I let go of taki's hand and walked to the middle of the arena. I picked up the sword and smiled. I turned and saw taki staring at me with a blank expression. Then I heard a door open and I turned my head to it. A woman was thrown out onto the ground. She had black hair and was wearing a long blue skirt and I white shirt. I looked into her eyes and saw they were bright blue. I smiled. I can't wait to carve those eyes out. I was about to lung at her when I heard taki scream and run past me towards the woman "MOMMY! MOMMY!" She ran up to the woman and hugged her. The woman started to cry and hugged taki. She stroked taki's hair with tears falling down her face.

I was frozen and I just stared at taki and her mom. That was taki's mom.....and that's my next victim. I have to kill my only friends mom. How can I do that? I dropped the sword and fell to my knees with tears falling from my eyes. Do moms really hug their kids like that? Do they really care so much about their kids that they would cry for them? Mamas never hugged me. Mamas never even said she loved me. Why? She's my mom right? She is my mom. She is isn't she. I put my hands on my head the looked up at the sky and screamed. "It hurts! It hurts! Help me! This pain I'm feeling! It hurts my heart!" I got on my hands and knees and started to breath heavily. What is this pain I'm feeling in my heart. What is going on? Why.............