I did this for the next five hours until it was 1 o'clock, lunchtime. I was about to leave when I heard the phone ring, I answered it.

'Sir it's Monica, Mr. Kane is on the other line, should I patch him through?'

'Yes sure. Monica, are the flowers taken care of?' I said as I looked at my gold wristwatch.

'Yes sir,' she said as she patched through Mr. Kane.

'Hello,' I said coldly.

'Hello, Mr. Homes or should I say Daniel?'

My blood boiled as I heard his voice on the other line. I never want to hear him call my name ever.

"What do you want Kane?"

'You have 15 minutes to get to Lincoln Bridge,' he said and hung up.

I knew Kane too well when he told you to meet him, you either show up or prepare for the consequences.

...and the Lincoln Bridge was twenty minutes from here.

I stood hurriedly, striding out the door and made my way to the elevator.

"Monica I'll be out for a while hold my calls and clear my schedule," I said as the elevator closed.

***

I woke to the scent of Louis Vuitton — Sun Song, a Cologne Brad usually wore, it was his signature scent. I turned on the bed, I saw that the tray was gone, and there was a note on the nightstand. It read:

I called your company and told them you were in an accident so don't worry. They gave you a month to recover with pay...

I called a physician he will be over soon his name is Dr. Knight. He will evaluate you please cooperate and I will be back to look after you soon.

I am so sorry,

Your Brady boo

I placed the note back on the nightstand. Any sane woman would have taken this chance to hightail out of here but I had been running for years now and trust me, what Brad did to me wasn't the worst I had received.

Call me stupid but I rather face this demon than the ones from my dark past.

Deciding to get up, I changed into black jeans pants, a blue tank top, and my bedroom slippers. Next, I made my way to the living room.

I laid on the couch watching 'Diary of a Mad Black Woman' and my eyes brightened with anger at how the man treated his wife. Tyler Perry was a man of many talents. He knew how to relate to his audience and tackle everyday issues.

Ding-dong

I sighed as I heard the door sing, I lazily walked over to it and opened it.

I looked at the small woman in front of me and smiled as I saw the flowers in her hands.

"Mrs. Homes?" the woman asked.

"That's me," I said half-heartedly.

She handed me the flowers and I accepted them and signed for them before bidding her goodbye. I smelt the tulips and roses before moving to the kitchen to put them in the water. I looked at the card attached and frowned.

"He had Monica buy them," I huffed. "So Brad-like."

I trashed them in the bin before walking back to the couch and resuming my show. I was applauding and cheering on the female lead as her husband got his karma, served by her. That's my kind of girl.