One: His dimples

Athena

I waved goodbye to my parents as their car drove off campus and towards my-their home. I stood in the middle of campus with my suitcase in hand, realizing for the first time that I would be living alone.
I stood there quietly for a bit, taking in the university atmosphere.
Crown University, a prestigious school known for its academics.

I took a scrunched-up piece of paper out of my pocket and flatten it.
Garden Village, Room 212.
I squinted as I looked around at the modern structured buildings, trying to find my dormitory.
I stood still in the middle of the campus as others passed by me with their luggage.
I decided that maybe it would be a good idea to ask someone.
I tried to get the attention of a couple of students, but they were so caught up in their private conversations and in the rush of university, they didn't notice my fragile touch.
Finally, I tapped someone on the shoulder and he turned around.
"Excuse me," I said. "Can you please show me where the Garden Village Suits are?"
He smiled and his perfectly indented dimples became visible.
"Yeah," he said as he pointed to a brown long building. "It's right over there."
I looked in the direction of his extended hand and started off.
"No thank you?" He said as the distance between us lengthened.
"Thanks," I called out.
I heard him make a sound from a distance. I continued on my way.

When I reached my door, it was already slightly ajar. My roommate must have arrived before me.
I opened the door fully and my roommate stood on her bed putting up posters and decorating her wall.
She jumped down when she saw me and extended her hands toward me.
"Hey, I'm Michelle, but you can call me Michi," she said.
I smiled and said, "Athena."
She pulled my hand hard enough so that my body would jerk towards her. She transformed our handshake into a hug.

She let go.
"Do you have a boyfriend?" She asked as she unpacked.
"I used to in High school, but we broke up. Do you?"
She chuckled. "Committing to one guy isn't really for me."
I nodded.
"We should probably establish some ground rules," I said to her.
"Like what?" She asked.
"Asking before borrowing," I started.
"Keeping the room neat and informing each other in advance before having guests over."
"So, how about this?" She said looking directly at me. "Give me your number and I'll tell you if a guy is over. You should do the same."
"I probably won't have many guys over, but sure, that sounds like a good idea."

For the next few hours, I unpacked my clothing and put up my calendar and pictures of my hometown friends and family. My side of the room was bright with drawings and photographs, while Michelle's wall was covered with half-naked pictures of different celebrities.

While she was unpacking, something dropped on the floor and rolled towards my side right under my bed.
"Can you get that for me please?" She asked.
"Sure," I said as I knelt down.
I reached for it and felt a cylinder shape object fill my hands. I couldn't identify what the object was. I pulled it out from underneath the bed and observed it for a second before I realized what it was.
A dildo.
My reflexes drop it and it rolled back under the bed.
"Maybe it's better if you get it," I said to her.
She rolled her eyes as she reached for it.
"It's just a dildo," she said with it in her hands. "Haven't you ever seen one before?"
"Yeah, but not in person."
She smirked. "Don't tell me you're still a virgin," she said folding her arms.
"No, I've had sex once before."
"Only once?"
"Yes, and it didn't go so smoothly."
She laughed. "Was it his first time too?"
I nodded.
"Well, you're in university now," she said. "They're plenty of experienced men you can learn from."
She smiled. "Hey, I heard there's going to be this great party tonight, maybe you can find a guy there," she said as she winked at me.
I thought about it. Tomorrow was my psychology class. It was early in the morning. I couldn't be tired for the first day. After all, it was my major.
I politely declined and she shrugged.
"Suit yourself," she said as she left the room.
I was glad when she left. The room was so peaceful with just me alone.
I skyped my best friend Daria from home. We shared our first-day encounters of university.

Around twelve-thirty, I decided to go to bed. I turned off the light and closed my eyes. For a while I found it difficult to fall asleep.
When tiredness finally washed over me and my eyelids grew heavy, Michelle walked into the room. And she wasn't alone.
Dirty talk and sex moans filled the air. She sounded drunk. I put my pillow over my head in an attempt to drown out the sex sounds with no luck.
Instead, the sounds became louder, and the bed shook and squeaked with every penetration.
It was only the first day and already my roommate had broken one of my ground rules...