Chapter 20

Important A/N at the end.
Dedicating this chapter to HecDaevis, one of the best boyxboy writers here. He is such an amazing person and his books are so awesome.

*Co-written and edited by dacasabella*

-----------

Zak's P.O.V.

I stood behind the rack of cereal, staring at a blonde haired man, who looked to be around my age, as he walked around the store, selecting items and putting them in his cart.

I had been watching him for over five minutes, taking in his beauty and masculinity. I mean it was hard not to. He had piercing blue eyes, a square jaw and was so ripped. Thanks to the t-shirt he wore, hardly, anything was left to the imagination. Obviously, he was one of those guys who slept at the gym.

One of the main reasons I had been staring at him for so long was because he looked a lot like Oliver, minus the blonde hair and overly-ripped body.

It had been over two weeks since our little 'incident' and I had yet to see him face to face. That was mostly because I was too ashamed and scared to go over to his house in the event that I actually ran into him. I knew he indirectly rejected me but I didn't want to hear him say the words. The hurt and embarrassment from my actions were already too unbearable.

Brenda had told me earlier in the week, when she and the girls visited, that she knew about what happened between us and she assured me that Oliver didn't hate me and that he just needed some space.

Unfortunately, hearing that, still in no way lessened the pain of the heartbreak I felt. It was still very much there. I had to hide it each day as I went to work, fooling everyone with a smile while the pain was eating me alive on the inside. I had no choice in the matter. It was the only way to get through the day. I didn't want to talk about it with anybody, because I knew I would end up a crying mess. So, I acted like nothing was wrong when in reality, I felt like all hope was lost in my life.

"Did you find what you were looking for?", Jessica came up to meet me, pushing her cart filled with items.

"Yeah.", I said quickly, grabbing two boxes of Lucky Charms and putting them into my cart. It was a Friday afternoon and we had been shopping for Lily's birthday party which was supposed to be tomorrow and also happened to be Halloween. We had gone from store to store trying to get all the last minute things we still needed.

"What took you so long to pick them? You've been gone for more than 5 minutes-Ooohh.", she stopped in realization as her gaze followed mine and landed on the gorgeous site in front of us. "Wow. He's hot."

"You're married.", I reminded her.

"Doesn't mean I can't admire a good looking man when I see one.", she retorted as she continued to stare at the guy.

I rolled my eyes. "C'mon let's go. I didn't leave work to come help you so you can just ogle a random hot guy."

"So you admit he's hot, hmm?", she smirked at me.

"I never said that."

"But you did."

"No, I didnt."

"Go ask him out."

"What?! Are you crazy?", I whisper-yelled at her noting that the sex god on legs had now strolled into the aisle we were in and was in hearing range. "For all I know, He might be straight and possibly homophobic."