Chapter 1

That is a glimpse of what the place should look like. I hope you enjoy this chapter.

*Edited by dacasabella*

-------------

Oliver's P.O.V.

I sat in the backseat of our red Toyota Highlander SUV that I shared with my sister. As I leaned on the window, I listened to her babble in the front seat with my cousin about some stupid singer called Dustin Bleaber or something.

They kept on fangirling about one of his new singles which was supposedly about his ex, Saltina. Like seriously, musicians this days had stupid names, I thought. But it was one word that really got my attention from all their chattering .

Ex.

I couldn't help but think about mine.

Ryan.

About 2 months ago; well, two months, four days and sixteen hours ago, he broke up with me because he got transferred to a college in Japan. He had always talked about wanting to go live in Japan someday and now his dream finally came true. While his did, mine was shattered.

I had a dream that someday I would marry Ryan. I dreamed that we would adopt kids together and get a fat hamster we would call chubby cheeks. I smiled at that thought.

I met Ryan in my freshman year in Louisiana State University. He was also a freshman. He was a few inches shorter than me.

When we made eye contact for the first time, I fell instantly in love with him.

In love with sexy sandy blonde hair that was always styled up to perfection and trimmed short at the sides.

In love with his magnificent green eyes that always seemed to see right into my soul.

In love with his smile and laugh that was always so contagious.

In love with his personality that always stood out from the crowd.

He was such a kind-hearted spirit and he was so down to earth. There was a lot of things I loved about this man.

After stalking him for a while and finally finding out he was gay, I was overjoyed. But, the problem was that I couldn't muster up the courage to ask him out. Every time I tried, I ended up speaking gibberish and embarrassing myself in front of him. So when he asked me out, my heart almost stopped and it took every ounce of me not kiss the life out of him right there.

So after we went on our first date, things went very smoothly for us and we had been together since then, until 2 months ago.

That was when he told me that we had to break up because he couldn't deal with a long distance relationship.To say it crushed me was an understatement. My heart shattered into a million pieces. I loved Ryan so, so much and breaking up with him  was the worst feeling I had ever experienced in my life. He was also an emotional mess too but he seemed to get over it quickly because he had something to look forward to. Before he left for Japan, he assured me that I would be alright and would find someone else.

He was wrong.

I wasn't alright.

I was still an emotional mess.

I hadn't found anyone else, not that I want to. My sister and cousins had tried to set me up on dates but I turned each and everyone of them down.

I didn't want anyone but Ryan. We were the perfect couple. We were supposed to be together for ever.

I even tried to ask my parents to let me transfer to the college Ryan was going to but they said it was too expensive to afford. This reminded me that he he was given some sort of academic scholarship which subsidised his tuition.