Chapter 5

A/N: God knows I almost gave up on this chapter. Whoever says writing is easy should be punched in the face and be made to drink dirty toilet water.
I hope you enjoy this chapter. It's the longest so far.
Pic on the side is Freddie Stroma who plays Ryan, the ex. I'm sure you guys can see why it's soo hard for Olly to get over him.
Also I attached a video. I will tell you when to play it. I feel it's right for the moment that's about to come. I hope you guys feel it too.

*Edited by dacasabella*

------------

Oliver's P.O.V.

I sat here in the basketball stadium, watching the match between our very own New Orleans Pelicans and Miami Heat, with my friends, Evan, Pete and Jackson. They went to the same college as me and have been my best buddies since freshman year. They were all cheering loudly with the rest of the crowd as the game went on. So far, we were leading in the game.

Normally I would have been cheering along with my friends but my mind was definitely not here. Not one bit.

It was on a certain someone and this time it wasn't Ryan.

It was Zak.

He was beginning to mess with my mind. Anytime I closed my eyes, all I could see was that beautiful face of his. His beautiful smile and the  light stubble that spread from under his nose and across his sculpted jaw. He had such beautiful dark brown eyes. He was truly mesmerizing.

I shook my head to get rid of those thoughts of him. I shouldn't be thinking about him that way. I didn't need any other person messing up my life like Ryan did. Yes, Ryan did mess me up; he came into my life, made me fall in love with him and then left, leaving me heartbroken. I was getting over him bit by bit and that's why I was even here with my friends. I was finally coming to terms that it was over between us and I was trying to move on from it. That's why I was here, to try to unwind with my buddies and take my mind off of him and from life and maybe just try to be happy again, only this time, without him in the picture.

But Zak was making it hard for me. He just had to come over and welcome us. Why couldn't he have just ignored us like the other neighbors? Things would have been so much better. Now he was beginning to seep into my mind and had started to take over it slowly.

Before I left the house, I overheard him and the girls. He actually liked me and the girls were going to try to set us up tomorrow, during the back to school barbecue party we were throwing.

I couldn't let that happen. I was going to warn the girls to stop whatever it is they were planning. Me and him were never going to happen. I have made up my mind. I wasn't going to fall for him. I would make sure of that.

“Yo Oliver.”, Evan my dark skinned friend tapped me repeatedly. “The game’s over.”

I didn't realize that that I had zoned out until I looked around and saw that people had started to leave. I must have spaced out for a long time because I remember we were in the first quarter of the game moments ago. “Oh sorry man, I must have zoned out for a while. We won right?”

“Yeah baby, 93-89.”, Pete, the blondie proclaimed as he high-fived Evan and Jackson. I smiled and got up and followed them as we exited the arena.

It was about 9:30pm when we came out. I was really hungry and I wanted to head back home to eat.

“Now it's time to hit the club!”, Jackson our overly muscular friend hollered. Evan and Pete joined in.

“Sorry guys, I have to head back home. I'm really tired and hungry.”, I told them.