Prologue

A/N: Heyyyy everyone!
This is my first attempt at a story. It has been stuck in my head for a while now and so I decided to put it down in words. So i hope you like it.

*Edited by dacasabella*

----------

Zak's P.O.V.

"Beep...Beep...Beep---" sang my alarm clock before I mumbled some incoherent words, stretched in bed and reached out to press the snooze button, in hopes of falling back to sleep. I didn't feel like getting up to go to work early today and I was pretty sure Logan, my brother, wouldn't mind me coming in an hour or so later than usual.

I worked as his secretary and personal assistant in his company, Zapper Tech. It was never my intention to work there. But, when I graduated from college 2 years ago, every firm I applied to for a job either turned me down because of lack of experience or didn't have an opening at the time. So, my last resort was to go to him for a job and he happily hired me as his personal assistant.

Indeed, I was happy that I finally had a well paying job but my brother was even happier because he got to boss me around and tease me as much as he wanted. Unlike outside of work, I had to grin and take whatever he dished out because he could fire me, and he took every opportunity to remind me of that. I loved Logan and all but he was like a splinter in my finger some days.

So as I cuddled up with my pillow to try to get at least 20 more minutes of sleep, the realization of what today was hit me like the first time I watched Miley Cyrus' We Can't Stop Video.

My Neighbors were moving out today!

The irritating Graysons were leaving this neighborhood for good!!!

I jumped up from my bed with glee and proceeded to turn on my stereo to play Happy by Pharrell Williams.

I danced around my room like a fool with a grin on my face as it played.

"Because I'm happy! Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof---" sang Pharrell as I jumped on my bed and sang along with him.

Today was the day this neighborhood would be free from the hold of the the irritating Graysons.

The Graysons moved into this vicinity when I graduated from college and they happened to move into the house next to mine.

Since then, they had made this neighbourhood a living hell for everyone who lived in it. Even Satan himself would have given up the place for them.

They managed to irk every single person living around here and I was the one that was targeted the most, since I had the pleasure of living next door.

First of all the father, Mr. Grayson hated every single person that lived here and was always arguing with everyone for no apparent reason. He would try to make a scene out of every situation. There was a time my cat, Minaj (that cat had some booty; reason for her name) left a hairball on his neatly mowed lawn and he barged into my house with a butcher's knife wanting to kill the poor thing. If I didn't threaten to call the police on him, my poor cat would have been an entree.

Next was his wife, Mrs Grayson. She was a happy go lucky kind of person but was too clingy. She was always bothering me and coming into my house, more often than not without even knocking. So, I had to start locking my door 24/7 and that didn't even work because I found out later, at a very inopportune moment, that she actually also had a key to my house. I almost fainted when it happened and she got more than an eyeful, if you know what I mean. When I asked her why she had one, she said that we were "BFF's" and that it was compulsory. That woman was psycho. The only good thing that came out from involuntarily hanging out with her was that I learned how to bake. She made the best chocolate fondue cake and that was mainly the reason I tolerated her. Her baking was to die for.