Chapter 8

Merry Christmas everyone!!! <33
Emma Roberts as Skye.
Dedicating this chapter to BlackCheckeredDemon, a.k.a Nightmare, even though he hardly uses his wattpad.

*Edited by dacasabella*

-----------

Oliver's P.O.V.

I stood there,in my backyard, shocked by what had just happened moments ago.

'What in the name of hell was that?'

Oh yes, he called me out on my rudeness and disrespect towards him, even after I apologized to him. Okay, maybe it was kind of a half assed sorry - weak at best. I guess I too would have been angry if I was in his position and had gotten that kind of apology. I know it was stupid of me to blame him for my actions but being my prideful self, protecting my reputation was first priority, even if it meant doing so at the expense of others'.

I never pegged him for a person who would talk back or confront someone. My first impression of him was that he was a very shy, introverted guy and his behavior till date had backed up that theory one hundred percent. Despite the fact that he was friendly around my sister, cousin and Skye, they didn't really know all that much about him.

Not that I had eavesdropped or anything when I happened to hear his name, but maybe, I accidentally heard a conversation between the girls discussing the fact that when they asked him personal questions, he seemed to always turn the conversation back to each of them. That was one of the things I found really attractive, no - NOT attractive...it was one of the things I found intriguing about him. He kept to himself and because of that he had this aura of mystery around him. He was like a box of secrets or puzzle pieces to be figured out. If I were to guess, I would bet that he hardly ever really opened up to anyone, including his friends.

It was at this precise moment, standing in my backyard after having my ass handed to me on a silver platter by that normally sweet, docile neighbor of mine, that I finally realized how much he had put himself out there just by smiling and waving at me, heck by even showing up to the party, knowing that the three musketeers had something up their sleeve. And as I let that thought sink in and take hold, the guilt washed over me yet again but this time, so much worse. If I made someone as kind and gentle as him lash out in anger like that, then I knew I must have really struck a nerve.

I never meant for all this to happen. I just wanted him to know that I wasn't interested, or maybe think I wasn't, even if I slightly was. How I wished I could turn back time and erase what I had done. I would have let him down easier and things would be so much better than they were right now. I had fucked up.

I sighed in frustration. Well that was sort of embarrassing and I couldn't imagine myself going back to apologize again. What if he dumped a bucket of water on me this time or worse, hot coffee. Okay, maybe not hot coffee but you get my point. I made him really angry and I was pretty sure that was the first time he had ever talked to someone like that considering the way he was shaking and furiously sweating, not to mention how red his face had become. Who knew what he might do if I tried again?

Don't get me wrong I wasn't afraid of him or anything like that, I just didn't want to go through another wave of embarrassment if he refused to accept my apology again. I was already completely ashamed of myself as of now. I just wished I could do something to make it right.

As I turned and headed towards the backdoor of my house, I saw some shuffling behind one of Zak's windows and as I squinted I saw a big grey cat. It was scratching at the window and holding my gaze with a creepy stare.