Chapter 6

A/N: Something happened yesterday and it got me in a really bad mood. I wanted to postpone writing this chapter and actually post it on Wednesday but I have received amazing feedback from you guys and so I didn't want to dissapoint you. Writing this chapter definitely helped distract me from what was going on at the moment and I got some really amazing advice from dacasabella. So i am dedicating this chapter to you love. Thanks so much for being so amazing.
Pic on the side is Derek Theler who plays Logan.
Video is Stone Cold by Demi Lovato. I feel it describes Oliver's behavior towards Zak, especially in the previous chapter.
Enjoy :)

*Edited by dacasabella*

-------------

Oliver's P.O.V.

I woke up with a killer headache, wondering how I had gotten it. That thought was immediately followed by me remembering drinking myself unconscious last night. 'Wait! Why did I drink myself to sleep?' Then, it hit me.

I finally confronted Zak about the signals he had been sending and in doing so, I had lashed out at him. I never really intended to be so harsh. I didn't know what had come over me. I wasn't acting like myself, at all.

I saw the hurt in his innocent beautiful eyes after I had exploded on him. It was clear as day. He had left the house in tears.

What had I turned into? I had never been like this before. I never lashed out at anyone before because of anything. I was actually a calm and collected person, or at least I used to be. What had happened to that side of me?

My breakup with Ryan had turned me into a monster or, perhaps it had always been there, hiding, waiting for the right moment to rear it's ugly head.

I could never have imagined in a million years that I could treat someone like that. I just wanted to tell him to back off. Where had all that come from?

I groaned as I sat up in bed. I had to apologize to him. Wait. No. I couldn't. If I did, he would think I felt bad or even worse that I cared about what he thought of me. I did feel bad and I did care but I didn't want him to know that. I was firm about not getting into a relationship and if what I did yesterday made him back off, then so be it.

Classes started today and I needed to be on my A game. I didn't need any distractions and Zak would have definitely been a distraction, if I had let him into my life. Things would be better this way, I hoped.

Shaking away those thoughts, I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth and found Isabel and Skye there already. Thank God they were covered. I didn't need images of their naked forms implanted in my memory. 'Eww'.

I walked back to my room to wait for them to finish up. I noticed my curtains were closed so I opened them and I looked down to see Zak's car pulling out of his driveway and speeding away. Brenda watched from our front yard before turning back to the house when his car was out of sight.

I groaned. 'What was she doing with him?' I already knew she hated my guts right now because of what I did last night and I shut her out when she tried to scold me. I pretty much shut everyone out after that.

I was pretty sure she was apologizing to Zak, on my behalf, and cursing me while she was doing it. I would apologize to her later, but Zak, not anytime soon. I was indeed apologetic about what I had done but he didn't need to know that. My outburst from yesterday had definitely put that distance I needed between us to keep my heart safe.