Chapter 9

Sorry for the late update guys.
Pic of Chocolate fondue cake/chocolate lava cake. Feast yer eyes!!!
Video is Adventure of a Lifetime by Coldplay.
Dedicating this chapter to Sporadically-Drunk, my brother from another mother. XD

*Edited by dacasabella*

------------

Zak's P.O.V.

I honestly could not explain what I was feeling right now. It was a mixture of happiness, excitement, shock and nervousness along with a lot of others I couldn't describe. Butterflies were violently erupting in my stomach and I wasn't sure if that was good or bad.

Oliver had truly apologized this time, owning up to everything he did and taking all the blame. I never believed that he would actually come back to apologize again after how I had berated him yesterday. But, here he was in my house because I had invited him in to have some cake.

'What the hell was I thinking?' My heart was racing a mile per second. 'What if I do something stupid to tick him off or scare him away?' I didn't want that to happen especially now that we were on good terms. This was the first time in over three years that I had a really hot guy in my house.

The last hottie I had here was one of Jessica's set ups. I had invited him in for coffee after our somewhat, awkward date. It wasn't until he started dropping subtle hints that I realized he thought "coffee" was code for something else. This realization caused me to do the worst thing imaginable. I puked on him. I remember the look of disgust on his face as he yelled at me and angrily exited my house. It wasn't that he did anything to disgust me. It was simply the overwhelmingly vulnerable situation I had put myself in. I was alone in my house, at night with someone who was essentially a stranger to me and he thought I was offering myself for dessert, when I hadn't even had my first kiss for God's sake. In that moment, all my insecurities literally caused me to spew out my delicious and very expensive dinner all over the front of his designer suit.

I didn't want the same thing to happen with Oliver and I could already feel my nerves revving up. I dropped Minaj and hurried to my kitchen as Oliver stepped into the living room. I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge, quickly popped a gravol from the cupboard and chugged the whole thing down, in case my stomach decided to act up.

As I disposed of the bottle, I grabbed a knife and carefully cut out a slice of the chocolate fondue cake, as the melted chocolate oozed out. Luckily, it was the perfect serving temperature as I had taken it out of the oven just minutes before Oliver knocked on my door. It smelled and looked absolutely sinful. I hadn't baked this particular dessert in months and considering how difficult it was to make, I was hoping it would impress him.

I set the generous piece on a plate, added some fresh sliced strawberries and topped it with whipped cream. I studied the delicious goodness in front of me. This was the kind of stuff I baked several times a week. It was a wonder I wasn't a fat blob, considering I never stepped foot inside a gym.

I brought the dessert to my living room to find Oliver in front of my television set, scanning through my cd rack and holding a couple of them in his hands.

He immediately noticed my presence and turned around to face me with a mischievous smile. "I couldn't have guessed you were a massive Coldplay fan, judging from all the albums I see here.", he gestured to the ones he was holding and I noticed immediately it was, indeed, one of my many Coldplay albums. "I mean you've got all the deluxe editions and even his first album ever. I'm a fan too and trust me I have searched everywhere for his first album on cd and I have never been successful. This is amazing. Where did you find it?", he beamed.