Chapter 13

I didn't know what to say. "Are you sure it's okay?" I finally ask him.

"Olivia, it's fine," he said as he took my hand.

"Okay, but I'll sleep on the couch," I insisted.

"No, I'm fine with it," he said while smiling.

"Okay...well can we at least stay up for a while longer? Maybe watch a movie?" I ask.

"Whatever you want to do I'm fine with," he said to me while smiling.

"Do you have anything that I could change into?" I asked him. "Because this dress isn't cutting it," I say, laughing.

"I have some shirts. They would be big on you," he told me.

"That's perfect," I say to him. He went into his bedroom. I followed him and he grabbed one of his NYPD shirts and handed it to me to put on.

"Here you go," he says to me.

"I'll be right out," I said. I flashed him a smile.

He went back to the living room and I took the dress off and put the shirt on. It was huge on me, but I loved it. I pulled my hair into a ponytail. I picked my dress up and put it in the kitchen on a chair.

Elliot's POV
"You look cute in my shirt," I say to her. She really did.

"Thanks," she said as she smiled. She came and sat on the couch beside me. "So what movie are we watching?" she asks me.

"It doesn't matter to me," I said to her.

"How about a scary movie?" she asks me.

"Is there any reason that you wanna watch a scary movie?" I asked her smiling at her.

"No..." she says laughing a little. I laughed with her.

"Well what's a good scary movie?" I asked her.

"Um...The Gallows?" she says, making a suggestion.

"Sounds good to me," I said. She moved closer to me on the couch. We started the movie.

About halfway through the movie Olivia had jumped several times. I didn't jump, but the movie is pretty good. We are at the part where the teenagers are split up and one group is trying to get away and Olivia got scared and put her face into my chest. I put my arm around her and laughed.

"You okay there?" I ask her continuing to laugh.

"Oh. Sorry. I'm good," she says laughing. I could tell that I wanted to make it official. Us.

Olivia's POV
"After about an hour and a half of torture. I'm perfectly fine," I said to him as we both began to laugh.

"Yeah, I felt you jump quite a few times," he said.

"I'm sorry," I said. I began to laugh.

"It's fine," he said as he smiled at me.

All of a sudden, chills were all over my body. He had moved his hand to my waist. I looked up and he kissed me. I put my hand on his face and deepened the kiss. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"It's almost midnight," I said with an upset face. "We have to be at work in the morning. What time do you usually get up?" I ask him. We have to be at work at 7:30 A.M. But, I usually get there before then.

"I usually wake up around 5 A.M," he says.

"Yeah, I usually do too," I said. "Well I'm gonna try and get some sleep," I said to him.

"Okay, I'll see you in the morning," he said. I got up off the couch and started toward his room.

"Goodnight, El," I said.

"Goodnight, Liv," he said back. I got into his bed and put the covers over me. This had been one of the best nights of my life. Sleep finally took over and I dozed off.

I was still sleeping but I was screaming and crying because of a bad dream. Kathy had shot Elliot and I lost him. It all seemed so real. He came running in the room.

"Olivia! Olivia! Wake up!" he said as he shook me.

He was trying to wake me up. I woke up with him right there and shot up and wrapped my arms around him. He was stunned at first, but then put his around me.

"It's okay, Liv. I'm right here. I promise," he said, trying to calm me down. I was crying and I finally stopped.

"Are you okay? What happened?" he asked me.

"El, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you. I had a bad dream," I paused for a while. "Kathy had shot you and you...died. It all seemed so real. I couldn't wake myself up. I'm so sorry," I said as I began to cry again. He took me in his embrace.

"It's okay. It's okay. I'm here. I'm not going anywhere," he said. "Are you good now?" he asked me.

"Yeah...yeah. I'm fine," I said as I wiped my tears. Elliot began to walk out of the room. "El..." I whispered.

"Yeah?" he said as he turned around.

"Cou...could you sleep in here?" I finally asked him.

"Yeah...of course," he said.

He came and got in bed with me. He lay on his back. I put my arm over his body and my head on his chest. I couldn't help but smile.

Elliot's POV
I was smiling at this. My dreams. Olivia in my bed, with me. I've wanted this for almost 10 years now. I've finally got it. I've finally got her.

She looked comfortable. I thought she was asleep. I kissed her forehead and she looked up at me.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?" I asked her. She shook her head.

"No...you're perfectly fine," she said. I had this huge smile on my face. "You okay there, Stabler?" she asks, laughing a little.

"Oh I'm good," I say back as we both start to laugh.

"Surprised to be in bed with Olivia Benson?" she says and we began to laugh more.

"You know?" I say and the laughter dies down, but we are still smiling like idiots. "I've had the best time of my life with you today and yesterday than I ever did with Kathy our entire marriage," I say to her.

"Really? Wow that's...great. These past two days have been great and all but I mean...I just don't know," she said. Her smile was dying down and my heart broke.