Chapter 1

"I'm messed up. I can't live without you. You don't know how I feel."

I type into my phone and think, but then I erase it. I should've sent it, but I can't. He's going through a divorce, he won't understand. Plus, I work with him at the precinct, we can't be involved.

I know without him I'm broken. I NEED to talk to him. If I don't, there's just going to be that feeling and every time El asks me "What's wrong?", I'm going to have to say "Nothing." I pick up my phone and text El.

Messages
Liv- Hey
Elliot- Hey, what's up?
Liv- I need to talk to you about something.
Elliot- What is it?
Liv- Can we meet up somewhere?
Elliot- Of course...your place?
Liv- Yeah. That's fine.
Elliot- Ok, see you at seven.

That was stressful. I put my hands through my hair. I am so nervous. I sit here anxiously thinking for about 5 minutes. I look at the clock. It was 5:58 P.M. I looked down at my outfit. I'm in sweatpants and a tank top. I should go change.

I head upstairs and look through my closet. I find a knee-length dress I had bought a while back. I hold it up to me in a body length mirror and turn. I liked it.

I go take a quick shower and take off my makeup, unto which I have barely any on. I put my short hair in a towel, put the dress on, and blow dry my hair. I put on foundation and set it with powder. I put on some gold eyeshadow, which I loved. I put on some mascara.

For my eyebrows, I just put some clear gel on them to keep them in place. Then, I did a casual red lip. I plugged my curling iron in and waited. I looked at the clock and it was 6:45 P.M.

"Crap!" I said to myself. "I need to hurry." I brushed through my hair and curled it very loosely and unplugged the iron.

My hair is short so thank goodness for taking only 10 minutes to do that. I slip on the heels and look in the mirror.

"This is it," I say. I hear a knock on the door and go into the living room, walking towards it.