Chapter 38

I ran past the fans, loosing then once I made a quick turn into an alleyway. I zipped up my hoodie, and slowly walked down the street. I had no idea where I was going.

I kept wondering what was wrong with me. I was just trying to please everyone, and make the world a better place. I didn't understand why THIS was how I got repaid.

I let the tears slide down my face. No one understood me. I felt helpless and alone. On top of that, my ankle was killing me from the running I did. My boot made it hard to run.

Did anyone else on this planet understand the feelings I was going through? I looked up. "Shelby?" I said. "can you please help me?" Suddenly, thunder struck, and it began raining. I guess Shelby didn't want to hear my crap.

"I'm done." I muttered. I flipped on my hood, and walked into a seven-eleven.

"Hi! What can I get for you?" Asked a woman at the check out counter.

"A lighter." I said.

"Sure!" the woman said. "What's it for?"

"It's..." I began "it's for my friend's birthday." and it WAS Harry's birthday.

"Here." she said, handing me a red lighter. I paid her, and stuck it in my pocket. I walked out of the store, in heavy rain, and down the main road. Suddenly, a car swerved over to me, making me jump.

"GET IN HERE!" a voice cried. I was a bit scared.

"No!" I cried, pulling out the lighter.

"She's got a lighter!" another voice said.

"It's raining, it won't work," said the first voice. "now GET IN HERE!"

I started running, when I was snatched up by four strong arms, and shoved into the car.

---------------

Who snatched up Hayley???? What are her intentions with the lighter????? Both these questions will be answered in the next chapter!