Chapter 2

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my brother's deep voice yelling "Get up!".

I turned over on my bed and slowly opened my eyes.

"We've gotta go if you want to mail this application today!"

Shoot. I almost forgot. I kicked off my covers and grabbed my clothes. I grabbed my sport bag and backpack and ran downstairs.

At breakfast, I choked down some waffles and apple juice. "Bye mom," I called.

"Bye sweetie!" she called back. I ran out the front door and into Mason' s truck. Mason joined me after a few seconds.

"Well don't just stare at me!" I cried. "Let's go!"

Mason gave me a look and started up the truck. He backed out of the driveway.

"So." he said after a few minutes of silence. "you want to junior manage 1D?"

I nodded. "It's a one in a billion chance though. They pick out the best applicants and choose randomly."

Mason nodded. "I see." he replied. "You're trying your luck then?"

I sighed. "I suppose so, plus, Jordyn was all up in my face to apply. She's in love with Harry and Niall."

"Why doesn't she apply herself, then?" Mason asked.

"Her mom wouldn't let her." I said.

"and our mom did?!" Mason asked. The winner of this competition would have to travel with the boys all around the world. Needless to say, the applicant would have to take virtual school and move out. I was pretty sure mom wouldn't allow that, since I was only fifteen, but since my chances were pretty slim, I decided not to tell mom.

"Ok, here we are." Mason said, nearing the mailbox. He rolled down his window. I grabbed the envelope from the dashboard and reached over Mason. I dropped it in the mailbox.

I had no idea what this would do to me.

-------

sorry such short first chapters. I just needed to get the details straight about how this all started, and who Hayley is. Shout out to GRACE!