Chapter 13

"You girls have your backstage passes?" mom asked, looking at us through the review mirror. I nodded. Once I got home, I had lunch with my family and Jordyn. I was glad to see dad, Mason, and Kenzie again. I changed my wardrobe with the other half of my clothes in my room, then bought a bigger suitcase and ended up bringing 70% of my closet. Shelby, Jordyn, Kenzie, Mason, and I all went shopping at Macy's, and of course, Mason was pretty much bored the entire time, but mom said he had to join us. Now, I had to report to the stage for soundcheck, and so I stole some backstage passes for Kenzie and Jordyn, and got my whole family front row seats.

Mom stopped at a security gate, and looked back at me. I hopped out, and showed the guy my pass.

"Aren't you too young to be a stage crew member?" he asked. "did you steal this?"

Well, not THIS pass.

"I'm their junior manager." I said, nonchalantly.

"Oh yeah, and I'm the President of the United States." he said.

I sighed. I needed to get a personalized pass. I texted Zayn to come out and get me, and soon enough, he showed up five minutes later.

"Come on," he said, grabbing my arm. "the lads are waiting for you."

"Yeah, they're WAITING FOR ME." I said to the guard's face. He stuck his tongue out at me.

I was left in Niall's dressing room a while later, texting people. Niall was strumming his guitar.

"Hey, Hayley?" he asked.

I looked up at him.

"Can you see if you cam find my US shirt?" he asked. "You know, the one with no sleeves-"

"-which is Zayn's" I said, grinning. Niall nodded.

"Ok, I'll look, but I'm pretty sure he has it." I said, getting up from the couch and throwing my phone on it. I walked into the tiny closet and looked through his things.

"Niall," I said, my head buried in his shirts. "I can't find it, c'mere."

Niall got up, put his guitar down, and walked over to me. He started going through the hangers. I shut the squeaky, old door to look in the mirror. I was in desperate need of a haircut. Maybe I'll ask on if the boys' stylists to do it for me. I ran my fingers through my freakishly long hair.

"Ah, I think Zayn does have it." he said, upset. I threw my hands in the air, a bit outraged. "Ok, I think we should get to soundcheck now." Niall said, gripping the door knob. He turned the old, rusty thing, and I wasn't surprised when I heard it squeak. Then I heard a gasp.

"What?!" I asked.

"It's locked!" Niall cried, desperately turning the knob as if it would do anything.

"Lemme see." I said, peeling his fingers off the the knob, and turning it myself. I wouldn't turn.

"OH MY GOD." I cried. "We're trapped!"

"NOOOOOOOO!" Niall cried. He pulled out his phone.

"NO BARS?!" he cried. "WHAT TYPE OF PLACES GIVES NO BARS IN A DRESSING ROOM CLOSET?!" I rolled my eyes.

I don't know how long we were in there for. Maybe two hours? All I know is that I was the only one doing the work, while Niall was being a baby.

"I'm starving!" he cried, while I was trying to pick the lock "I need food!"

"Oh Niall." I cried, getting really mad. "GET OFF YOUR BUT AND DO SOMETHING BEFORE YOU BECOME MY FOOD!" Immediately, Niall stood up.

Just then, the lightbulb burnt. "Just great." I sighed.

Niall pulled out his phone, but then it died. "darn it!" he cried, even though he didn't really say it that way. "do you have your phone, Hayley?"

I checked my pockets, but didn't feel the familiar hard object anywhere. "um, no." I said. "but I think I saw a flashlight earlier on the high shelf."

Niall crouched down, and cupped his hands together. "I'll lift you." he said.

"I'm wearing my boots." I said. "you sure about that, bro?"

"I've got you covered." he said in his cute Irish accent. I shrugged, but then stepped into his hands, and held onto his shoulders as he hoisted me up.

"Ow!" he cried, as I shifted my weight to reach the shelf. "you better hurry, or the lean tower full of pizza will lean to far"

"Uh, tower of pizza?" I asked, referring to Niall. "You're not as lean as you think."

Niall gasped, but then hoisted me up higher. BINGO. How smart am I?

"Bet you couldn't do that." he said.

"Bet you can't stand on ice skates for more than a second."

Niall snorted. "Well, did you find the flashlight or not?"

I felt around. "I did!" I cried.

"Great!" Niall cried. He reached his arms up. I grabbed his shoulders, and swiftly swung my legs around his waist. Just then, the door opened.

"Oh, dear God." Harry said, stepping back.

"Niall!" Zayn cried. "You're supposed to wait until she's 21!"

Liam and Harry chuckled at that one.

"What were YOU two doing in THERE?" Louis asked.

"We got locked in." I said. "Niall was helping me down from the high shelf. The lightbulb burnt, and I was trying to grab the flashlight I saw." I showed them the flashlight. "which happens to be Justin Bieber's" I added, examining the print on it saying: Property of Justin Drew Bieber.

Niall grabbed it from my hands, and stuck it in his pocket. "I will return this to him immediately." he said.

"Right after you put it in a glass case shrine." Liam retorted. Th boys and I laughed as Niall turned as red as a beet.

"C'mon, let's get to soundcheck, it was postponed because we couldn't find you guys." Harry said.

I jumped on Harry's back. "Go!" I said, pointing forward.

"Woof." Harry said, unenthusiasticlly, but he grabbed my legs and ran forward, with me laughing hysterically on his back.

We ran outside to get to soundcheck faster, and ran right past the line of screaming fans, pointing to Harry and I.

You've gotta love Hazza.