Chapter 12

So we continued like this for a few weeks, flying to France, Sweden, Ireland, Spain, Iceland, Canada, New York, Vermont, Massachusetts, Maryland, and finally, Virginia! Our first concert date was in Richmond, actually, so I got to see my family. I was getting the hang of things now, and now I knew how to control the sound booth as well as the lightning. It took a lot of work to put a concert together.

I examining my nails in the airport as we waited for my mom to pick me up.

"Are you going to see Shelby?" Asked Liam.

"No, she's still in Florida for her Olympic training." I responded. Fans were now starting to recognize us, and began coming over to our direction. Where was my mom?!

"Hayley?" I heard from behind.

I turned around. It was Jordyn!

"AHHHH JORDYN!" I squealed, as I ran to her arms. I looked behind her shoulder and saw my mom walking over briskly.

"Mom!" I cried, running to give her a hug.

"Hi sweetie." she said. "how are you?"

"I'm so happy to see you guys!" I said. I meant it too. Being on the opposite side of the world can make you feel lonely.

"Well then," said mom "you'll be glad to see this person, then."

A woman in sunglasses and a sun hat came over to us. She took off her hat, and lifted her sunglasses. It was Shelby!

"Shelby!" I cried, giving her a big hug.

"Hey sis." she said, hugging me back. "How's it going?"

"I'm fine." I said. I examined Shelby. She had gotten a whole lot more muscular than when I saw her a few years ago. Her hair was straightened, and lighter, and she was tan. I on the other hand, was jet-lagged, and pale.

"I'm only here for a few days, so let's make the best of it." she said, clamping her hands together.

I gulped. "um...I'm only here for today." I said.

"Say what?!" Shelby asked.

"I'm on a tour schedule."

"Why? With who?" She asked, confused.

"Harry!" a girl cried, running over to the boys who were standing in a corner, trying to go unnoticed. Yep, they'd be terrible spies.

Shelby slowly turned her head to their direction. "You're not on tour with..."

"Yes I am!" I said with a smile. "why do you think we came to the airport?"

"I dunno, thought you were coming back from a tournament." she said.

I shook with my head. "No, Shelby. Not till December."

"So you're signing?" she said, still confused.

"No." I said warmly. How did she not know all this? Did mom not tell her anything? "I'm co-managing them, with Simon Cowell."

"But...but you're only 16!" she said, downright astonished.

"15" I said.

"Hello, Ms. Evans, I'm Louie Tomlinson, and can I just say, I'm a HUGE fan of..."

"Lou is a huge fan of yours." I said to Shelby as Louis came over to us. "excuse me, Jordyn, come here." I said, as I yanked Jordyn' s arm

"So messed up, she doesn't even remember your age." Jordyn said with a shake in her head.

"Jor!" I cried, shocked.

Jordyn shrugged. Meanwhile, I turned my head to see Harry taking a picture with a fan. I saw his eyes. They looked troubled. "Jaguar, let me introduce you to the band." I said as I lead the fangirling Jordyn over to the boys.

"Guys, this is my best friend, Jordyn. Jordyn, this is Niall, Zayn..."

"You don't have to tell me." she said. "I know their names."

"and practically everything about them." I whispered to her. Jordyn rolled her eyes and got her phone out.

"Harry?" I asked, as the fan walked away with a hug smile on her face. "what's wrong?"

"Nothing." be said.

"Liar."

"No I'm not."

"You know, lying kills birds." I said, talking about my childhood beliefs. Just like how my parents used to be cool.

"No it doesn't." Harry said, sniffing.

"dude, I can see that you're about to cry." I said.

Harry pulled his beanie down to cover his face.

"C'mon, Haz," I said putting my hand on his back.

Harry sighed.

"Just tell me." I said, feeling a little impatient.

"How about you go have fun with your family, and I won't burden you with my Harry World problems."

"I know who'd buy tickets to that." I said, playfully poking his side. He didn't move.

"Ok then." I said. "When I meet you guys at the venue, THEN you can tell me about your Harry World problems."

Harry sighed again.

"C'mon, Jordyn." I said, grabbing her arm and yanking her away from talking to Niall, Zayn, and Liam.

"Aww, but can't I just..."

"Don't you want to visit with me?"'I asked.

"Well, yes, but-"

"Ok, the mall it is then!" I said cheerfully. I handed my luggage to my mom and began walking down the terminal, briskly.

"Macy's is gonna close soon because of the concert!" I said. "and I want a new scarf!"