The Ball

"Yoichi."

They stared at each other in silence, frozen, like fishes. Yoichi's mouth was wide agape, never would he have dreamt of a day he'd see Yuu kissing another man, he even wondered if this actually was a dream.

"Yoichi, I can explain." Yuu said. "T-This isn't what it looks like."

"I'm sorry for interrupting." Yoichi bowed. "Please continue." He quickly turned around and ran out of the room, closing the doors behind him.

"No Yoichi." Yuu quickly got up and ran after him. "Yoichi please wait." Yoichi increased the pace of his walking, he could hear Yuu running towards his and screaming his name. "Please wait." He finally stopped and turned around to him. "Yoichi, I can explain, if you'd just let me."

"Ok then." Yoichi crossed his arms. "Please explain why you were kissing a stranger, who is a man, when your future fiancée just left not up to two hours ago?"

"Well you see I-" Yuu realized that he really couldn't explain because he also didn't understand it. Why did he kiss Mikaela? And oh what a kiss it was, he could still taste his tongue on the tip of his mouth.

"Yuu-kun?" Yoichi called, pulling Yuu out of his daydreaming.

"Well um..." Yuu sighed and gave in. "To be honest Yoichi, I really can't explain it myself, one minute we were talking and the next we were kissing, but I can assure you that the kiss means absolutely nothing. Mikaela and I are just friends."

"Mikaela?" Yoichi raised an eyebrow. "You know his name? So he isn't a stranger then. And I'm sorry but you don't kiss someone with tongue and claim to be "just friends" with them."

"But we are just friends." Yuu said. "I mean..we're friends who awkwardly kiss." Yoichi gave him a blank expression, without another word said, he turned around and continue walking. "Yoichi!" Yuu called but he didn't turn around. "Please don't tell anyone!" If he couldn't convince him, he should at least make sure that no one else would know. He turned and headed back to his now empty room.

He walked further in, closing the doors and locking in this time. "Mikaela?" He called out but got no response he felt a breeze and turned to see the door leading to his balcony was opened. "He left?" He walked over to the door and closed it. "What on earth am I doing? Kissing a fellow man who is also a pirate." He walked back to his bed and laid down on it, his eyes spotted a piece of paper neatly folded. He took it and opened it to read.

"I hope you can straighten things out with your friend. I think that was my cue to leave, see you in two days at the ball, don't expect any gifts. Oh and I took the liberty of taking one of your fancy clothes, hope you don't mind."

Yuu read the letter from Mika and couldn't help but smile, the guy really was a strange one. He's really happy to have met him.

"A Ball?" The pirates chorused.

"Yes, a ball." Mikaela said. "Don't make me repeat myself you lothesome creatures."