The Thief

Taking a walk was not such a bad idea after all. Yuu enjoyed getting to see his kingdom, well the hill side of it, of course as a prince, he could never go down the mountain top where the commoners lived. He enjoyed the fresh breeze and could smell the salty seas, this was the little freedom that he could get in his life time.

He walked hand in hand with Shinoa, both in deep discussion. A few jokes were made and it made Shinoa laugh, a light cute noise which left Yuu smiling. She didn't seem so bad, maybe if he got to know her well, their marraige could work out perfectly.

The came to the edge of hill, it was a long way down into the salty sea. They could see far into the horizons from their view.

"It's beautiful." Shinoa said.

"Yes it is." Yuu said staring into the ocean. "You know I've always wanted to sail the open seas, sew what mysteries it holds."

"You want to be an adventurer?" She asked a bit concerned. "Isn't that a bit too dangerous, I hear a lot of pirates travels these very seas."

"I can't let fear stop me." Yuu said. "I already have my parents doing that."

"I completly understand." She said. "But it's for your sake, there are many dangers in these waters. I should know." She touched the amulet around her neck, it was then Yuu noticed the jewelry. It was a green large emerald with bronze chains, it didn't really look that appealing, it was a bit strange that a princess of her status could wear a petty little trinket like that. "My mother was killed by pirates when they invaded our kingdom."

"I'm sorry for your loss." Yuu said. "Did that belong to her?"

"Yes actually." She said. "It was given to her by her mother, a little trinket passed down from her generations, she was supposed to give it to my older sister Mahiru but-" Her face saddened.

"She did not want it?" He asked.

"Well I wouldn't blame her." She said. "I mean look at it, it doesn't actually look princess worthy. Mahiru threw it at her face saying it was pathetic, my mother was broken. So I took it instead, and I always wear it everywhere I'm going, it reminds me a lot about her."

"That was.." Yuu didn't know what to say, he was thinking things though, things if said out loud could make her mad, so he kept them in.

"Awful I know." She said.

"I didnt-"

"You didn't have too." She said. "My sister is greedy and selfish, always wanting more wealth, more money. She's the entire reason I'm here, to put the Hiragi name out there, why don't we make an arranged marriage with the Hyakuya Kingdom." She sighed. "I was sad when I heard she was the one who brought about the idea."

"Wow that's quite a sister you have there."

"I can't believe she hasn't learnt her lesson." Shinoa frowned. "Greed and selfishness costs you a lot, it already cost her her lover."

"Lover?"

Shinoa smiled. "That general with violet eyes, he's the captain of the Hiragi army, he and my sister where childhood lovers until they drifted apart. Mahiru lost sight of everything, including her love for him, she only wanted the money. So they split. Now he's-" Shinoa stopped talking and turned to Yuu who listened with much anxiety. She laughed. "Well let's say he swings that way now."

"I beg your pardon?" Yuu didn't understand what she meant. Her mouth opened in shock, he truly was naive. She didn't blame him, he hardly got any freedom so things like that wouldnt be very much farmiliar to me.
"He's gay." She said.