The Prince

"Today?"

"Yes your highness, the Hiragis are on their way as we speak."

"Why didn't my parents inform me sooner?"

"They just got word, they too didn't expect the visit."

"I see. You may go now, thank you."

The guard bowed and turned on his heels, walking out the large doors of his young master's room. The raven haired let himself fall on the king sized bed, frustrated with his life, if he could even call what he was living a life. A nightmare would be more appropriate. It's not everyday you get to be the prince of the majestic and proud Hyakuya Kingdom, living life the royal way. A hundred ball dances to attend to, lots of boring but very important business meetings, meeting gorgeous ladies to try and find a wife. It seemed like a wonderful life, but not for the young prince Yuichiro Amane.

He had always hated his life, he would give up all he had just to be a normal person. He hated his so called life. He felt like a prisoner trapped within the confinements of a dungeon. He wished to escape one day, he wished to be free of his bondage. He longed so much for freedom, but no matter how far he reached out to it, freedom just kept drifting farther and farther away from him.

A light tap on the door interrupted his thoughts. "Enter." He said. He heard the doors open and close and listen to the footsteps of the one who approached him.

"Yuu-kun, aren't you supposed to be getting ready." A soft voice said to him, he could tell that it was male. He turned to see who his visitor was, he met emerald eyes similar to his, except his was drained of life, the latter beside him on the other hand had eyes filled with energy and innocence. "Come on get dressed." The brunette walked over to the large wardrobe opening it and searching through the enormous number of clothings. "Now what will you wear to meet Princess Hiragi."

Yuu mumbled something under his breath. "Mumble all you want, you still have to marry her, after all she is your fiancée. Ooh this is nice."

"I don't want to marry her." Yuu said.

"Why?"

"Because I don't love her."

"But you haven't even met her."

"That's the problem Yoichi." Yuu said. I haven't met her, how can I marry someone I haven't met?"

"Well it's your duty as the-"

"Urrgh..Duty, Duty, Duty." Yuu snapped. "Is that all there is? Can a prince not make his own decisions? Choose his own life?"

"Is there another life you wish to live?" Yoichi asked.

"I don't know." Yuu turned to the curtains, slowly walking up to it. "But what I do know is that I detest this one." Opening the curtains, he met a perfect view of the beautiful blue ocean. He had always loved the ocean, for starters it was his favorite color. Besides that, he had always felt free whenever he imagined himself there, the ocean was his happy place, so to speak. There was something about it that called out to him, something about it he loved and cherished and one day he hoped to sail its very depths. "This isn't my life, the life of a prince is not me. I know one day I'll my own life, no matter how long it takes."

"Yes but until that time comes-." Yoichi said while bringing out some clothes and tossing it on the bed. "You are still Yuichiro Amane, prince of the Hyakuya Kingdom and you have a lady coming to visit and you must look your best."

Yuu mumbled something again, grabbing his clothes from the bed and walking into his dressing room. His friend was right, no matter what, right now he was Prince Yuichiro Amane of Hyakuya Kingdom and it would take a miracle for that title to be wiped off his name for good.