Chapter 12: New... York..?

“BETCHA CAN’T CATCH MEEE!” I taunted Cody as I ran behind and up the old oak tree in my backyard. Yep, it’s been a whole week since the “surfing accident” and now, if I even hear the word ‘surfing’ my body trembles. I’m deathly afraid of.. Well.., death.

Cody’s become really protective over me, if anything hurts me, or anybody tries to hurt me, or if I’m about to do something dangerous- he stops me. Now, he’s just romping around in a white boy tank top, and grey and black checkered shorts. And might I say- he looks h.o.t.!

“I bet, I can.” he says, he’s out of breath and tugging my arm.

“In your dreams, Simpson.” I say with one last flick of my long, dirty blonde hair to get it over my shoulders. I walk towards the house and Cody runs up to me.

“Ey, wait.” he spins my body around to face him.

“I need to ask y-” he got cut off.

“CODY!” Alli starts to say. Cody rolls his eyes. “MOM WANTS YOU TO DO THE DISHES!” she yells again.

“FINE!” Cody says in a irritated tone.

I sigh as he waves bye. I open the French doors that lead into my living room and plop down on the brown, leather couch.

“HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI!” My siblings scream while running down the stairs.

“DEVIN! MARCI! Shut your mouths, for once! PLEASE!” I cover my ears in disgust.

“We’re hungry.” they said in sync.

I throw my hands up in defeat and fix them sandwiches.

“Marci? What kind of sandwich do you want?” I ask my sister. She’s the cutest. Her little brown curls bouncing on her petite shoulders, along with her blue eyes, makes her adorable.

“PB&J please?” She gives me her winning smile. She’s only in kindergarten, but she looks a tiny bit older, but not with her figure.

My brother, on the other hand, can be a pain in the crack. With his grey eyes, and pale blonde hair. He's in 2nd grade, and actually looks like it.

“I dun wanna sandwich.” he grumbles.

I sigh, roll my eyes, and hand Marci her plate.

“Be careful, sweetheart.” I pet her head with my non-peanut-butter-covered hand.

“Okay mister I-don’t-like-peanut-butter, what do you want then?”

I cross my arms and stare at Devin.

“Fine- I want Mac-n-Cheese.” I sigh and try to reach in the cabinet, where the Mac-n-Cheese is. I sigh in defeat.

“Need some help Angel?” the voice suddenly startled me, but I then realized who it was.

“Hey, that might be nice.” I smiled at him and I got a smile in return. He easily got the cup of food, without even standing on his tip-toes. I guess being only 5’1” has it’s disadvantages, while being 5’8” has some big advantages. I sigh and put the Mac-n-Cheese in the microwave for one minute.

“Thanks Cody.” I give him another smile.

“No problem, baby.” he smiles adorably at me.

“Who’s the little ones?” he had a uncertain look on his face.

I busted out laughing so hard at his expression.

“There my siblings!”

“Oh, thank goodness.” I snickered.

“You REALLY thought they were my ‘kids’?!” I ask him in disbelief while shaking my head.

“NO! They just- uh, I don’t know. You seem to like kids a lot- it’s… cute..” he looked down at his shoes, sheepishly. I grinned, but blushed.

“I do. Especially girls. There easier to take care of.” I winked at Cody & Marci in the living room, who was giggling and still finishing up her sandwich.

The microwave goes off and I stir the noodles and hand a spoon and the can to Devin.

“Enjoy, Mr.” I ruffled his hair as he sends me a pouty look and fixes it.

I look at Cody who’s studying his shoes, nervously.

“What’s wrong?” I poke, or attempt to poke, his rock hard stomach. Six-pack much?

“I need to ask you something, the thing I was going to ask you earlier… It’s kind of a surprise, and I doubt your mom would approve..” he starts, while still staring at his white Vans.

“Just get on with it.” I roll me eyes and chuckle silently.

“Do you think, you could come to New York City with me and my family? It’ll only be for a month, plus you’ve only got a week of school left, then it’s summer, so.. Could you? Please..? I don’t wanna be stuck with my sister..” he finally looks up from his shoes.

“New… York..?” I was shocked. I’ve always wanted to go, I love New York, and I’ve never been.

Oh please, Mom, say yes…

“Yes, will you?”

“I-… have to… ask.” I was still in shock, but my heart quickly melted as Cody threw his muscular arms around my waist and pulled me close for a hug. My head rested comfortably underneath his chin.

“You’re the best..” he whispers in my ear.

“No, you are.” I say back, and hug him tighter.

                    He definitely is the best, ever.

______________________________

WEEEELLLL! Here you go guys!<3

Just something quick to post up:) Not TOO terribly much homework this weekend! (FOR ONCE!)

So, I thought I'd write a little something to pass the time:)

COMMENTS, VOTES,  FANS EXTREMELY APPRECIATED<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I love ALL of my readers! Stay tuned for more, sometime this week<3

#muchlove,

   -xMelMel143x<3