Chapter 8: Why Her, With Him?

______________________________________________

Good gosh guys! I haven't written in like 3 years!!! Actually only a week, but whatever xD

I'll hopefully be updating more, but I've been busy, busy, busy with school work! (BLAAAHHHH!)

So ANYWAY! Enough with my babbling..

Hope you like this chapter!!

________________________________________________

Tears stung the brim of my eyes, blocking my view from Cody and Bella eating each others faces off. I did the best I could to roll my eyes and went back in the changing room. Great, now I have to re-do my worn off makeup.

Just then, Alli comes in.

“You okay hon?” she asks innocently.

“Peachy.” I say and roll my eyes.

“My brothers a jerk, I know..” she says with a small sigh.

“H-how’d you know about..?” I said, attempting my best to hold back my salty, wet tears.

“Because. I see the way you look at him, and when you see him with another girl it tears your heart into pieces. I’ve been there with Greyson.”

I sigh and finish fixing my makeup.

“Don’t let it get to you, babe. I doubt they’ll even last.” she said while giving me a small hug and walking out the door.

“Thanks Al.” I said while walking out as well. I managed to pull myself together and walk into the dreaded room Cody and Bella are in.

They stopped, but Bella held Cody’s hand tight. He didn’t look like he wanted to be here at the moment. He saw me and gave a small smile. I did my best to fight my tears back again, and return him one as well.

They took a couple pictures of Alli, Cody, and some of Alli and Cody together. Then, it was my turn to join…

“Mel, c’mon. Your turn.” Cody said while ushering me up to the photo section.

I gulped and he put his arm firmly around my waist. That made me cheer up a little bit, so I gave him a real smile. He shyly returned the smile and looked down at his shoes… he was obviously blushing. I chuckle to myself and Alli gets on the other side of my, crossing over Cody’s arm to also put hers around my waist.

We took about 10 pictures, and Bella gave me the dirtiest look I’ve ever gotten in my life.

After we were done, I couldn’t handle the looks anymore. I ran into Cody’s dressing room and huddled my legs to my chest. I gulp and just let the soft tears fall.

“Mel? Melody?” Cody calls and sounds… concerned?

I shush myself and try to hide in the shadows.

“Mel, what’s wrong.” He sounded super concerned, too.

“Nothing, Cody.” I was pissed. Not at him, but at Bella… and I usually have this problem where I get grumpy at innocent people when I’m angry.

“Something’s wrong, Angel.”

“Don’t call me that.” I snapped. But then I realized, what I said and I flung my hand over my mouth.

He didn’t say anything, but wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tight till I finally got

un-pissed.

“Sorry I snapped at you like that, Coco.” Yeah, I call him Coco. Only Greyson and I are allowed to call him Coco, not even BELLA can call him that.

“It’s okay, Angel.” He kissed the very top of my forehead.

“I’m just… I don’t know… jeal-” before I could finish my sentence, Bella came in and ripped me out of Cody’s arms and gave me one last dirty look before pulling Cody out of the room. Cody gives me an apologetic look and reluctantly leaves the room with her. Gosh, why Bella?

Why her…? Why her, With him..?

'I'm so sick of her!' I thought to myself. She's been drooling over Cody ever since she met him!

I sigh and just pack up my stuff to leave. I walked home, to avoid public embarressment with Cody and Alli... and I sure as heck didn't want to see or hear Bella's name ever again.

I grabbed my purse and walked out the door. My heels clicking on the wet, paved concrete. It was raining- just my luck.

I remembered I threw my hoodie in my bag, so I pulled it out and put it over my head.

I checked my phone to see what time it was.

5 Missed Calls.

It said.

1:31 Cody

1:46 Cody

1:58 Cody

1:59 Cody

2:00 Cody

I sigh as I read the text message I got from him.

Cody: "WHERE ARE YOU?! WE'RE WORRIED SICK!"

Delete...

Why am I so pissed?! I mean, Cody's only my friend...

Only my friend.. Right..? Wrong. I have a crush on my best friend... What's wrong with me?!

The world may never know...

He's. Only. My. Friend.