Every Word I've Said

Start from the beginning

I let out a snort. "Even if she did, I don't think she'd care," I responded. She really couldn't give a shit and I knew it. All she cared was that I didn't bother her.

"Ok, then. Well, how have you been?" he asked sitting in one of the chairs. I had already sat down next to Oliver. I was hoping he would stay. I needed some moral support for this one. I might also need someone to hold me back if my father got me mad.

"How have I been? That's all you can say! You know what, 'Dad', I've been down right shitty. My own mother hates me just because I remind her of you, I have no friends, and I'm picked on at school. And guess what, you weren't here for any of it," I yelled, angrily using air quotes for the word Dad. My mum had never said she hated me because I looked like my father, but I had put it together awhile ago. I really felt like crying, but I held my tears back. I saw Oliver give me a shocked look. He just didn't understand. His parents loved him and would never just leave him.

"I'm sorry, Chelsea. I had to go," my father told me with sadness in his eyes. I couldn't believe after ten years all he could say was that he was sorry. He wasn't sorry. If he had been sorry, he would have at least tried to contacted me.

"You could've called. I could've visited you, but no. You moved wherever the hell you moved and didn't even think twice about your own daughter," I shot back. I had always wondered why he never contacted me and then one day I realized it was probably either because he didn't love me or he had some new family and didn't need me.

He didn't say anything. He just sat there like he knew I was right. "And I'm sure you've got some new family that's just so much better than Mum and I," I mumbled. I wasn't sure he heard.

"Yes, I've gotten remarried, but by no means are they better than you and your mother," he told me soothing. Yeah, right, was the first thing I thought. If they weren't better, then why'd he leave us?

"What's her name?" I questioned not really caring, but I figured after yelling at him I should try to be polite.

"Her name's Abby. You have a brother, too. Well, half brother, but his name's Joe. They both would like to meet you," he told me. I really doubted they wanted to meet me, but I didn't say that. Why did he have to come back?

Oliver

As I sat in Chelsea's living room, I couldn't believe that I was sitting with her father. I mean, he had left ten years ago, so what were the chances that he would happen to show up while I was in the middle of making out with his daughter? They were very slim to say the least. Yet, here he was sitting in front of me. He looked just like Chelsea, besides his hair. It was light brown, but I was pretty sure Chelsea's was dyed, so her nature color could be the same. After she yelled at him, Chelsea seemed to calm down a bit. I guess she just needed to get ten years worth of anger out and then she was fine. I figured the whole thing must be a bit upsetting considering he had left without sending even a postcard afterwards. If my dad left like that, I'd probably do a lot worse than yell at him for a few minutes when he came back. To be honest, I couldn't believe he had had the guts to come back. I mean, ten years is a LONG time to not see your own daughter.

I sat there not sure whether I should leave or not. I figured Chelsea would want me there for moral support, but her dad kept giving me looks like how dare I even talk to his daughter let alone touch her. I just sat there while he told her that he was remarried and had a son. He told her that he lived in California now and that he would love her to visit. I doubted she ever would, though. I had a hunch that even if she was right next door, she wouldn't visit him.

"Maybe you, your mum, and I could do dinner when she gets back. I'd like to see her again," he told Chelsea. God, this guy seemed like such a douche. Where did he get off thinking he could leave for ten years and then coming back expecting to 'do dinner?' I really wanted to hurt this guy. First of all, he hurt Chelsea; my Chelsea; the girl I loved. Second of all, well, I just really didn't like him.

"I'll ask her," Chelsea mumbled, obviously making a mental note not to ask her mum. I could already imagine how awkward that dinner would be.

"Oh, I should probably get going," he said finally after checking his watch. We all stood up. "It was nice to see you again, Chelsea, and nice to meet you, um, I don't believe I caught your name," he said, turning from Chelsea to me.

"Oliver, sir," I replied. I may not like him, but I still should be polite. I mean, he was my girlfriend's father.

"Nice to meet you Oliver," he told me, extending a hand. I shook it reluctantly and Chelsea escorted her father to the door. I let out a sigh when I heard the door close. Let's just say this wasn't how I expected to spend my Saturday.

Chelsea came back to the couch looking like she was on the verge of tears. I was quite proud of her for holding them back so long. I had been surprised that she didn't burst out into tears when she had yelled at him. She rested her head on my chest and I put my hand on her back. I felt her suddenly start shaking and my t-shirt get wet from her tears. She stayed on my chest with me rubbing her back for hours. I hated to see her cry. She was too beautiful to cry. It literally broke my heart, but I knew all I could do was be there for her.